Fundraising and Engagement Officer
The Merseyside Dogs Home rehoming centre costs in the region of £250,000 to operate each year, and we have a target of £120,000 to be raised through voluntary income in 2018/19. As fundraising and engagement officer, you will contribute towards achieving this target by engaging with our supporters, communicating with them about the work and aims of MSDH, and encouraging them to give regular and one of donations.
- Face-to-face fundraising, on site and off site, with a focus on regular individual giving
- Community events
- Street collections
- On site fundraising
- Peer to Peer fundraising (Challenge/sponsored events)
- Supporter led fundraising
- Fundraising administration
- Database administration
- Producing email communications and engaging through social media channels
- Work closely with colleagues and motivate rehoming staff to solicit donations on site
About us –Merseyside Dogs Home
We are developing a centre fit for the 21st century, with a team dedicated to the cause, having just won Animal Charity of the Year for the work we are doing, working towards the future, visit our web site to see how.
Our centre is equally about people as it is animals; using the unique relationship we have with dogs we provide self-development opportunities and courses for individuals on the edge of our communities. We help children in schools with our Bark and Read Schemes, we help young adults achieve qualifications – what to know more? Prince William did!
Yes, we take I and rehabilitate lost and abandoned dogs from across Merseyside, but we are also working hard to reduce the number of dogs abandoned by helping owners to cope better, with our consultation days and our new Home to Home scheme. This means animals do not have to suffer the ordeal of entering rescue and the risks that causes.
We are more than just a dogs home, we are a rehoming and learning centre. Applicants should demonstrate their commitment to our cause for both animals and people, giving examples if you can.
Based at the centre in Halewood but working mobile across the Merseyside region.
Full time working for the charity of the year, consideration will be given to those seeking job share or part time. Due to its nature, this role can be physically demanding, with regular lifting of weights up to 30kg and standing for extended periods. Applicants should be fit and able to carry out these tasks.
40 hours a week with frequent evening and weekend working, full flexibility will be required. Please give details of any experience flexible working on your application.
£18,500 to £19,500
- Customer service, sales or retail experience
- Experience working to targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation skills and administrative experience
- Social media skills
- Understanding of the charity sector and basic principles of fundraising
- Proactive attitude and ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Able to motivate others, build relationships and work as part of a team
- Commitment to our values and aims, both animal and human
- Full driving licence
- Fundraising experience
- Degree or qualification in marketing, PR, events or communications
- Experience in marketing, events
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of email marketing principles
- Member of Institute of Fundraising
Experience of managing teams
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.