Trustee/Treasurer - Merstham Community Facility Trust
Merstham Community Facility Trust is a small but growing charity based in a newly-built Community Hub in Merstham. Our Charitable Objectives are as follows:
to further or benefit the residents of Merstham and Surrey (the “local community”) and the neighbourhood, without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, race or of political, religious or other opinions by associating together the said residents and the local authorities, voluntary and other organisations in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the objective of improving the conditions of life for the residents;
to maintain the community centre currently known as the Merstham Community Hub (the “Merstham Hub”) and to maintain, manage and develop the facilities available at the Merstham Hub, whether alone or in cooperation with any local authority or other person or body, in furtherance of these Objects; and
to work with other third party organisations which share common charitable objects, to facilitate the development of similar initiatives in the local community and in other areas, in furtherance of these Objects.
Ideally we are seeking someone who:
- has an interest in supporting the charity to deliver the objectives of MCFT, through supporting the residents of Merstham to improve their quality of life as individuals, partners, families and community
- in addition to fulfilling the requirements of our Trustee Role Description you should also
- be willing to serve as Treasurer for the charity
- be able to maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- have experience in accountancy or book keeping
- be familiar with financial governance and regulation for charities
- be able to prepare financial reports, budgets and management accounts
- have the ability to support your fellow Trustees in interpreting and understanding financial reports, budgets and management accounts
- be willing and able to work cooperatively with our Accountants in the preparation of our Annual Accounts and other formal reporting requirements.
To arrange time for an informal discussion please email Chris Spragg, Chair of Trustees, at chris.spragg @ mcft. org. uk (you will need to remove spaces from - or retype - the email address)
Interested applicants will be invited to visit us at Merstham Community Hub and will be interviewed by 2 or more of our current rustees. Potential appointees will then be discussed at a full trustee meeting and a selection will be made.
If an applicant has a strong interest in our work, but is unable to commit to monthly meetings at the Hub, then we would consider appointing them as an Associate Trustee.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.