Events Assistant – Established Cancer Charity
The Sidings, Leicester (with some travel to visit suppliers)
Are you an organised administrator with great relationship-building skills?
Want to develop your experience in events while supporting the success of a fantastic charity?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are Mesothelioma UK, a charity that supports people affected by the asbestos-related cancer, mesothelioma. Established in 2009, we offer free access to specialist information, support and education and campaign for improved care and treatment.
We fund a variety of services, projects and research to raise awareness of this disease and help the UK to lead the way in making mesothelioma history through world-class audit, research and clinical trials.
We’re currently looking for an Events Assistant to join our dedicated team and provide a high level of support to our Events Officer.
- Salary of £19,831 per annum
- Pension with 10% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme to promote and support wellbeing
- Free parking
- Develop your career with a forward-thinking charity
Many have never heard of mesothelioma, even though it is a disease that can affect anyone who has been exposed to asbestos. With over 2,700 cases a year, the UK has the highest incidence of the disease in the world.
In this varied role, you will have the chance to support the success of events that raise awareness of our cause, connect people who have been affected by this type of cancer and generate funds to combat this disease.
What’s more, you will be working closely with our Events Officer, giving you plenty of opportunities to learn, develop your skills and gain a strong understanding of how a successful event is created, planned and delivered.
As an Events Assistant, you will help our Events Officer to deliver a range of meet ups, fundraisers and support activities for our organisation.
Specifically, you will:
- Collate detailed quotes from suppliers
- Assist with the logistics of events, including entertainment plans and table layouts
- Help to source event funding
- Liaise with suppliers
- Act as a primary point of contact for our smaller events
- Attend events and assist with set-up and breakdown processes
- Help to complete reporting
To join us as an Events Assistant, you will need:
- At least one year’s administration experience gained in a support role
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- To be highly organised and able to think on your feet
- Great interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to build strong relationships with partners and key stakeholders
Previous events experience would be beneficial, but this is not essential. Experience of using a CRM would also be an advantage.
We would like to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Administrator, Support Administrator, Customer Support Administrator, or Office Administrator.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Events Assistant, Junior Events Officer, Trainee Events Co-ordinator, or Events Administrator.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week, flexibility between the hours of 8:00 – 17:00. We will also consider this position on a part-time basis if the successful candidate can commit to 22.5 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and we are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to take on an exciting, new challenge as an Events Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.