If you are an experienced learning and development practitioner who is enthusiastic about online learning and the digital environment then we would like to hear from you.
We are particularly seeking someone who is passionate about being part of a faith-based team who can help to train and develop churches with their digital communications and hybrid church, grow the regional team’s own online offer, and work with other team members to create compelling content for social media and digital newsletters.
In addition to the digital remit you will also undertake, with other members of the team, a range of learning and development aimed at supporting and encouraging the church in living out Our Calling. You may also be called upon to deliver support across the Connexion as well as in bespoke contexts within the region.
We are seeking to recruit a home based half-time post (17.5 hours/week equivalent worked in a pattern of annualised hours) in the Eastern Region of the Learning Network (working across the Beds, Essex & Herts, East Anglia, Northampton, Nottingham & Derby and Lincolnshire Districts of the Methodist Church) which covers a substantial geographic area.
The post holder will (jointly with another part-time member of the regional team) also hold the key relationships with the East Anglia District.
The seven-member team based in the Eastern Region covers a wide range of learning and development including:
- preparing and delivering a range of faith based activities, events and initiatives.
- facilitating effective and transformational conversations with individuals and small groups.
- meeting with colleagues to plan, develop and review learning and embed new ways of working.
- building good relationships with circuits, districts, individuals and communities across the church and beyond.
- sharing individual gifts and experiences across a number of teams and other groups.
- regular travel, weekend and evening work.
As an inclusive organisation we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and/or of Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic groups, as they are currently under-represented within the Learning and Development team.
Closing Date: noon, 20th September 2021
Interviews: 13 October 2021