Job Title: Digital Storyteller and Network Support
Location of job: Oxford
Job Type: Part Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: £7,254 per annum
Closing Date: 11th June 2020
We are looking for a young person who...:
- Can create interesting social media material
- Is passionate about celebrating and telling peoples stories
- Is comfortable leading workshops
What is the role about?
- Interviewing Methodist Peacemakers and sharing video / images of the story
- Providing desk-based support for the Methodist Peace Fellowship
- Leading workshops and speaking in church services, some arranged via a partnership with the Student Christian Movement
What's in it for you?
- A chance to use your digital skills to create inspiring and challenging material
- Make a big difference in a small charity, and through that meet inspiring people in this country and connect with people in other nations.
- Your chance to work for peace at a time when it’s vitally needed in the world
To be a Christian - we would prefer an active Christian. This is because it is an outward facing role involving workshops, public speaking and meeting and speaking with interview people about their faith.
There is a genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
In return, we offer an exceptional pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement (plus an extra 3 days’ leave granted over Christmas/New Year), TOIL, Flexi-leave and a Connexional Wellbeing Adviser
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by the Methodist Church.
For an informal discussion with a member of the team please contact
Interviews will be held via ZOOM on 1st July 2020
Interview Date: 01-Jul-2020