Finance Manager, reporting into the Financial Controller and responsible for financial management, budgeting, business partnering and financial accounting.
London University based in West London that has a strong reputation for providing their students with high-quality education, the University is leading the modern London universities in the rankings and league tables across a number of areas. Additionally, the university campus has just seen a significant multi-million pound regeneration and is now an exceptional place to work and study.
The university finance team are extremely high calibre and are taking the lead on a number of key projects across the university.
- Produce monthly management accounts for designated Academic & Corporate Service areas.
- Report on the financial performance of the designated Schools & Corporate Services along with associated risks and opportunities.
- Actively work on the business planning process
- Lead on the preparation of budgets.
- Monitor performance against appropriate KPIs and ensure that this data is effectively reported.
- Ensure a full course costing analysis is in place
- Support designated Schools in identifying new income sources, opportunities to increase existing income lines and efficiency savings
- Manage designated Schools' enterprise income reporting and assist in their research bids
- Manage one direct report
- Support the preparation of the Financial Statements for the University and its subsidiaries and prepare relevant analysis to enable the financial statements to be audited.
You will be a newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) who has qualified within accountancy practice with strong technical skills, attention to detail and attitude to work that can be evidenced through experience. A background in audit would be highly beneficial. Applications from all sectors are welcomed but experience working within a high pressure environment is essential.
Salary up to £50,000
Excellent training and development
32 days holiday allowance