Financial Accountant working for one of London's largest Universities. The position reports into the Head of Financial accounting and effectively acts as the deputy in the preparation of the organisations statutory accounts. This is a great role for someone that had recently qualified and is looking for a broad technical position.
The organisation is a leading university based in central London specialising in the arts and design field.
The Financial Accountant position will involve the following responsibilities:
- Line manage 1 finance assistant providing support, training and development opportunities.
- Responsible for all the financial accounting activities and financial control monitoring
- Maintain and develop accounts payable and receivable services.
- Produce cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Manage all restricted funding and ensure all funds are agreed and utilised in line with business aims.
- Manage payroll accounts.
- Maintain compliance with HRMC gift aid requirements and prepare VAT returns for the organisation.
- Produce and review annual reports and month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with external advisors on tax efficiencies.
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Exposure to the preparation of statutory accounts and ideally hands on experience of preparing them yourself.
- Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
- Experience of developing complex spreadsheet models for record keeping and reporting financial information with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of managing VAT, Gift Aid, and tax matters.
- Experience of working within the charity/membership sector.
- Technical understanding of Charity SORP.
£50,000-£55,000, home working offered, flexible working, 27 days annual leave and 10% pension