Financial Controller role with a balance of responsibilities that includes financial accounting, financial control, team management and senior stakeholder engagement. Reporting into the CFO.
This London University is a unique institution that works on a global scale. With significant recent funding and ambitious plans for growth, the organisation is looking to drive improvement across corporate services, including the hire of two new qualified finance roles. Student numbers are looking strong and this role will play a key part in the ongoing improvement within the finance function.
- Line manage and support members the finance team, including a mixture of qualified and part qualified accountants
- Lead on the preparation of the year-end Financial Statements for the University and subsidiaries, including liaising with the external Auditor and preparing suitable analyses to enable the Financial statements to be audited.
- Ensure effective financial control across the organisation
- Support the CFO on a regular basis as a technical financial expert
You will be a full qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) and hold post qualification experience. You will have an excellent understanding of technical finance and will have delivered strong financial reporting in your most recent role. Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to liaise effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels. You will be ambitious, eager to learn and keen to work in a fast-paced and growing organisation.
- Salary up to £65,000 dependent upon experience
- Private medical insurance
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and close down over the Christmas period
- Opportunity to study a course free of charge
- Generous pension