Group Financial Accountant position working for a Housing Association in Central London. The position reports into the Head of Financial accounting and effectively acts as the deputy in the preparation of the organisations statutory accounts.
The organisation is one of the largest housing associations in the UK with over 70,000 properties in the UK and is currently developing 1,500 new properties a year.
The Group Financial Accountant position will involve the following responsibilities:
- Line management of one finance assistant providing support, training and development opportunities.
- Responsible for the preparation of group reports for a number of commercial subsidiaries.
- Produce cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Liaise with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce and review annual reports and month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Exposure to the preparation of statutory accounts and ideally hands on experience of preparing them yourself.
- Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
- Experience of developing complex spreadsheet models for record keeping and reporting financial information with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of managing VAT, Gift Aid, and tax matters.
- Experience of working within the charity/membership sector.
- Technical understanding of Charity SORP.
£48,000-£55,000, home working offered, flexible working, 27 days annual leave and 7.5% pension.