If you are a qualified finance professional who enjoys supporting your non finance colleagues as a business partner and managing a team, then this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career as a Head of Financial Performance.
Our client is a one of the fastest growing homeless charities in the UK and is actively tackling the issues of homelessness. With ambitious expansion plans this is a fantastic time to join as it seeks to grow over the coming years.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, you will be supporting managers in understanding and interpreting their financial results, making business decisions and bidding for new contracts as well as providing financial performance information to senior management. You will be managing a team of seven business partners (including a specialist rent and service charge accountant) with a strong culture of supporting the business and continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading budgeting setting, forecasting and management accounting activities, including the setting of rents and service charges
- Providing responsive financial support and advice to the wider business through the finance business partners
- Develop financial modelling to support strategic decision making/business tenders.
- Assist in preparation and stress testing of 5 year financial plan (using BRIXX)
- Lead on the roll out of staff establishment controls alongside HR colleagues
- Lead on provision of finance training to wider business
- Development of Financial policies and procedures, including budget guidelines
- Line management of seven
You will be CCAB qualified with strong business reporting and partnering capabilities that can be evidenced through previous experience.
Alongside this you will have first rate analytical skills, negotiating and influencing skills and the ability to present and discuss financial information with senior stakeholders in an engaging manner. You will have advanced Excel skills and the ability to manipulate financial data from financial software packages (Organisation uses OPEN Accounts).
You will have a practical approach to designing processes and engaging with stakeholders. You will have strong team management experience and able to develop a growing finance partnering team to support operations that are going through change. You will lead your team be responsive to tight deadlines and fully embrace a business partnering ethos.
£74,000, option to work from home and excellent work life balance/flexibility