- Work for Fair Trials - the global criminal justice watchdog
- Lead finance and operations for the charity, reporting into the CEO
About Our Client
Fair Trials, founded in 1992, is an international NGO that fights for fair and equal criminal justice systems. We are independent experts who work to defend everyone's right to a fair trial. We highlight threats to justice, build partnerships for reform, and campaign for practical changes that fix failings within criminal justice systems.
We have offices in Brussels, London and Washington DC and operate as a global not-for-profit with no party-political affiliations. Fair Trials is funded by a combination of charitable grants and donations and recent successes include playing a leading role in the reform of INTERPOL and the development of criminal procedural rights as directly enforceable laws in every EU member state.
- Lead a team (currently three line reports) to support finance and operations across Fair Trials
- Work closely with the CEO and Management Team, providing strategic leadership on finance, compliance and operations
- Work with the CEO, Trustees and Management Team to provide insightful and accurate information to support decision making
- Lead on all financial planning, budgeting and management accounting
- Ensure financial control and regulatory reporting is delivered for the organisation
- Working closely with auditors and external parties on the delivery of the year-end statutory reporting, globally
- Lead on all international regulatory compliance, including tax, data protection and health and safety
- Work with the CEO and Management Team to assess new new funding opportunities and lead on the financial aspects of grants, including budgeting and financial reporting
- Oversee the management and set up of Fair Trials offices, including all supplies, services, leases, IT and communications
- Oversee all risk, including insurance and policies and procedures, including on HR, Health & Safety and data protection
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) that has experience in a financial leadership position, providing regular support to non-finance staff. In addition, you will have led teams and hold experience of overall financial management and control, including the preparation of statutory accounts.
Experience working with international subsidiaries and currencies is highly beneficial.
Not-for-profit experience is not essential, but a strong level of interest in Fair Trials and its mission objectives is expected.
What's on Offer
Salary circa £70,000 plus benefits
We are actively seeking a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including people with lived experience of criminal justice.
Closing Date 1st November 2021
Applications will require a CV and covering letter to be considered.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCYJN09202-13600046Z