- Work for a growing NHS charity
- Lead on overall finance and operations, working closely with the board and CEO
About Our Client
St George's Hospital Charity is one of the largest NHS charities across the country supporting their local hospitals and healthcare services to provide services above those normally provided by the NHS. The Charity has been embracing exciting new opportunities and increasing its impact since it became fully independent of the NHS in 2017 and is ambitious to achieve even more from 2021 onwards.
Today the Charity works hand in glove with the St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to fund a range of projects, research, equipment and services which enhance the experience of patients, of staff, and the wider community over and above the NHS provision.
During Covid, the Charity has raised about £1m for the hospitals and received grants of £1.3m from NHS Charities Together.
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Trustees to advise on governance, regulatory responsibilities and financial planning for the Charity.
- Deputise when needed for the CEO
- Ensure all financial procedures and controls are in place and adhered to
- Alongside the Trustees and Senior Leadership Team ('SLT'), ensure that the Charity is working towards its medium to long term strategy and drive decision-making and budgeting to support this.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of annual accounts and regular financial performance reporting, along with presentation to the Board of Trustees
- Take the lead on improvement projects, including the current systems review for the Charity
- Work closely with the Honorary Treasurer to ensure the charity has an appropriate investment policy, in line with the overall financial strategy
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders, such as the external auditors and the investment managers
- Manage a team of staff that covers finance, governance, HR, legal, IT and systems
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), with strong leadership experience and a track record of working at board level to lead overall financial management for an organisation. Experience leading areas outside of finance, such as HR, IT or operations would be highly beneficial. Charity experience would be beneficial but is not essential. However, candidates will need to demonstrate a genuine interest and desire to work at an NHS charity.
What's on Offer
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCYJN-032021-2551504Z