- A unique opportunity to join a thriving trust of 9 schools at the senior level
- Be part of a forward thinking and dynamic strategic leadership team
About Our Client
The Prospere Learning Trust was formed in 2017 through the merger of two multi academy trusts. They currently employ over 850 staff and are passionate about providing exceptional education for children from any background so that they become happy, confident adults with excellent academic knowledge and qualifications. They believe that their staff play a vital role in achieving their vision: Great schools thrive because of the great people in them. Their values shape their culture and define the character of their Trust.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To provide strategic guidance, leadership and management advising the Trust Board and appropriate committees on all financial matters.
- To lead on managing the overall annual budget taking the lead role in developing, setting and monitoring the annual budget.
- To oversee a monthly reporting timetable across the Trust.
- To use financial management information, especially benchmarking, to identify areas of relative spend, assess trends, develop KPIs and directly advise the CEO and Trust Board.
- To advise the Trust Board and the Trust Strategic Leadership Team on financial strategy that supports the educational aims and ethos of the Prospere Learning Trust, developing a business plan for the future development of the Trust as appropriate.
- To develop and implement robust financial management policies, processes and reporting systems.
- To take the lead on all formal Educational and Skills Funding Agency, Department for Education and any other statutory submissions.
- To ensure that the Trust complies with all requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook, Company and Charity law and the statutory requirements laid out by the Secretary of State for Education.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and/or prepare working papers as required.
- Coordinate the Trust Resources Committee and Risk and Audit Committee meetings respectively, in conjunction with the Chair of each committee.
- To negotiate, manage and monitor Trust wide contracts, tenders and agreements for the provision of support and operational services.
- To monitor and review Trust wide financial contracts to ensure quality and best value.
- To support the capital works programme across the Trust through sound financial allocations, linked to Trust priorities.
- Full line management of finance team colleagues, including recruitment, probationary period management, performance management, absence management and staff development.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with experience of working in a senior financial management role.
- Have experience of preparing and/or auditing statutory accounts.
- Be experienced in budget management and monitoring working with and reporting complex data in a coherent way for non-finance colleagues.
- Have experience of completing procurement exercises and monitoring performance, ensuring best value for money.
- Demonstrate flexibility in approach, the ability to adapt to changing workload demands and to prioritise.
- Take responsibility for producing accurate results working with diligence, focus and pace.
Previous experience in academy finances would be advantageous but is not essential.
What's on Offer
£55,000-£60,000 basic and competitive benefits package
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. As black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates are currently under-represented at this level in this area, we would particularly welcome applications from BAME applicants. All appointments will be made on merit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment and that relevant pre-employment checks are completed.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCYJN0220212-009005Z