- Take a lead on strategic and operational modelling to create insights
- Looking for a role where your insights can contribute to decison making?
About Our Client
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The agency is made up of c.1300 staff working across two main centres and peripatetically across the UK and abroad.
We are currently going through an exciting Finance transformational change that will ensure that Finance is at the heart of decision making, allowing us to move beyond the traditional role of historical reporting, and ensure transparency and accountability in our accounts.
This role sits within the Strategic Finance Function in Finance and Procurement Division. The purpose of the role is to ensure that MHRA achieves Value for Money (VfM) and maximises chances of Investment Projects delivering agreed benefits. You will be responsible for financial appraisal and evaluation of the agency's investment programmes in line with the HM treasury guidance on Investment appraisal and evaluation and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Project Appraisal and Evaluation;
- Developing models/templates to aid easy evaluation and appraisal of projects in line with guidance
- Providing advice and guidance on the production of Project Initiation Documents and Business Cases
Project/Investment Monitoring & Performance Reporting;
- For monitoring of the delivery of the Investment Portfolio and its reporting to the Investment and Change Board through the month-end process
Budgeting & Forecasting;
- Work closely with key stakeholders (Business Partners, Budget Holders, EPMO, Finance) on producing Investment/Change Project Budget and Forecast
- Working with Finance colleagues to ensure that expenditure is allocated correctly to project and that budgets are balanced, whilst forecasting future spend
- Support Investment Board, Programmes and Projects SROs as required
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as required
The Successful Applicant
The post-holder will hold a relevant CCAB, CIMA, ACCA, ACA (or equivalent qualification) or working towards with substantial experience of Investment Appraisal and Project Cost Reporting decision support role gained preferably from a Central Government Department, Arm's Length Body or similar.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of applying Green Book standards for business case development in government
- Substantial experience in financial modelling, forecasting and financial reporting
- Proven experience of delivering value added project reporting that provides insight and aid senior management decision making
- Substantial experience of Projects evaluation
- Experience of analysing and providing insights into Project Costs
- Substantial experience of supporting senior level management
- Experience of Project Financial Management and Project Accounting
- Awareness of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Government FReM
- Knowledge of Contract and Project Accounting
- Substantial knowledge of Oracle Fusion or similar accounting systems
What's on Offer
As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- Generous contributory pension scheme with significant employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave on entry, rising by one day for each completed year of service to a maximum of 30 days. You will also be entitled to an additional bank Holiday in May.
- Ability to buy additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- A first-class employee assistance programme and a range of health and well-being initiatives
- To apply for this position, please submit your CV to include a personal statement (max 750 words) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role (technical and experiential) as stated in this advert. This should be completed and returned no later than 23:55pm, on 10th Aug 2020
- If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
- If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should: Contact the lead recruiter as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs and tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
"Public Sector and Government, London, Finance Analyst - Investment Appraisal
Ref Code: MPCY14102153Z