- An exciting time to join St Anne's Community Services in a newly created role
- The opportunity to add value across this complex charity in a varied senior role
About Our Client
St Anne's Community provides a wide range of quality services for people who require support with the head office based in Leeds.
We work with people who have a learning disability, have mental health problems, have issues around substance use - drugs and/or alcohol - or who are or have been homeless.
Our services include a variety of housing and accommodation based support and care, day services and community based support. St Anne's Community Services is a major provider of services across the whole of Yorkshire and the North East.
At St Anne's Community Services we have 4 key values that cut across everything that we do - these are:
Person Centred - People are at the centre of all we do, whether this is promoting client choice or ensuring staff are consulted on changes we make. We aim to promote inclusion and always put our people first.
Quality - We strive to provide services of the highest quality and challenge each other to develop and improve.
Dignity and Respect - We respect the choices of our clients and the contribution each of our colleagues makes. We respect the opinions and beliefs of each other and treat everyone with dignity.
Caring - We are a caring organisation that is considerate of our actions, we support people to grow and achieve.
As Head of Accounts and Management Information you will be a key member of the team at St Anne's Community Services and will deputise as required for the CFO.
The purpose of this varied and hands-on role is as follows;
- To ensure the timely production of financial information of sufficient quality to enable the Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees to;
- monitor and manage the performance of the charity and its individual contracts on a monthly basis
- take the decisions necessary to achieve its financial objectives both in the short, medium and long terms
- fulfil all statutory and regulatory requirements
- To provide commercial input on contracts both internally throughout the charity and also externally in negotiations with commissioning organisations
- To implement the systems and procedures necessary for the efficient running of the accounts department
- To lead and manage the accounts department by example, ensuring an acceptable level of performance by and workload for, all accounts staff
You will use your accountancy skills to delivery across a number of key responsibilities that will include (for both St Anne's Community Services Limited and St Anne's Trading Limited)
- Produce timely and complete financial and management accounts and forecasts with appropriate understanding and commentary for presentation to the Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees, including performance of contracts and variances from budget
- Provide detailed costing information on existing and potential new contracts and be actively involved in contract negotiations
- Support operational managers in their understanding of the financial performance of contracts for which they are responsible
- Lead year-end audit activity with external auditors, ensuring compliance with organisational policies, accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage the annual budget process working closely with operational managers
- Be responsible for pro-active cash flow management; short, medium and long term
- Ensure credit control is effective with timely production of invoices and returns to HMRC
- Assist in the development of appropriate methods and techniques to help analyse company financial performance and offer solutions for improvement
- Maintain and develop the necessary internal controls
- Manage all taxation affairs
- Provide financial analysis as required including:
- Reviewing balance sheets and client monies reconciliations
- Being responsible for production of monthly finance report to the Board and oversee the submission of financial information and returns to our regulators
- Support the following Trustee Committees as required;
- Pensions and Investments Committee
- Audit Committee
- Finance and Performance Committee
- Support the Internal Audit process as required
- Be responsible for ensuring all financial transactions are accounted for correctly including housing rental income and purchase and sale assets.
- Ensure the fixed asset register is developed and maintained
- Manage and develop the finance team
- Develop appropriate processes, methods and techniques to help improve the quality and timeliness of financial information generally
- Provide financial analysis as required including capital investment and business case appraisals, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
- Lead financial input into the Cost Improvement Programme working with operational managers to identify and deliver financial improvements
- Produce relevant KPIs for regular review
- Deputise for the Chief Financial Officer as required
The Successful Applicant
To be successful as Head of Accounts and Management Information, you will need to possess the following essential qualities:
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA / CIPFA or equivalent) with a proactive approach and strong focus on financial performance
- Commercial outlook generally and the ability to understand the commercial dynamics of contracts
- Hard working and diligent
- A good negotiator
- A good appreciation of what constitutes best practice in terms of systems and process and the ability to identify and implement necessary changes
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Excellent Excel and Word skills and the ability to build and maintain financial models
- Ability to build long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally including, most significantly, the operational managers who are responsible for delivering services
- Pro-active approach to work
- Ability to challenge when necessary
- Experience of Sage 200 (would be an advantage)
Crucially the job holder must adhere to and demonstrate the core values of St Anne's - Person Centred, Quality, Dignity and Respect and Caring.
What's on Offer
- A competitive salary
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Access to a fantastic Employee Benefits Scheme with hundreds of discounts at major retailers including Boots, EE personal phone contracts and John Lewis as well as a Cycle To Work scheme
- 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme with our Occupational Health Provider
- Continuous opportunities for training and career development
- Flexible working opportunities
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14063167Z