- Commercial Permanent Head of Finance Business Partnering
- Social Healthcare Not for Profit Organisation based in Leeds
About Our Client
St Anne's is a successful social care and housing provider operating across the North of England, having grown from strength to strength over the last 50 years, now supporting over 1,600 adults with learning disabilities, challenges of poor mental health, homelessness, and substance misuse.They are committed to enabling people to live their best life and strive to make a difference every day.Having this year launched our new 5 year strategic plan some of our key areas of focus are on delivering further growth, providing excellent service delivery and ultimately enabling our clients to live their best life. All of which needs to be done in a financially sustainable way which represents value for money for St Anne's. It is therefore a great time to join St Anne's and the finance team who play a key role in supporting the delivery of this strategy as the Head of Finance Business Partnering.The role holder will lead and further develop the finance partnering and planning team, providing commercial and financial support to key stakeholders, driving actions forward and ultimately delivering better financial and commercial performance.The role holder will partner across the organisation, but in particular supporting the operations team to improve overall service performance, driving improvements in income, and ensuring the cost base is as efficient as possible. As well as providing financial leadership and supporting the business development team on tenders and contract reviews.The role holder will similarly lead the budgeting and forecasting processes, building up stretching but realistic budgets in detail with full engagement and buy-in from key stakeholders.The role holder will lead on key initiatives to further improve financial performance and understanding, providing a key source of support for the CFO from a commercial and analytical point of view.The role will require you to think strategically but also to be hands on, directly driving performance and action as well as being a source of support for the team.
As the Head of Finance Business Partnering, you will build strong relationships across the organisation at all levels, building trust, credibility and rapport as the leader of the finance partnering and planning team. Through this you will provide financial insight and support decision making such that the optimal financial performance is achieved at St Anne's. You will do this by:
- Lead and further develop regular and effective financial performance reviews with the operations team, driving action to improve financial performance, particularly focusing on deficit services and those tracking behind budget.
- Provide financial and commercial support for business decisions, quantifying and evaluating proposals, ensuring expected returns are achieved. Influencing and adapting plans with stakeholders by supporting and challenging them in an appropriate way.
- Directly drive income by negotiating and/or re-assessing fee rates with commissioners and other funders, alongside or on behalf of the operations team, in both a structured and ad hoc basis, as needed.
- Indirectly drive income through supporting fee costings, running the annual fee uplift programme and by providing financial responses in tenders.
- Support the business in controlling and ensuring the most efficient use of costs, for example, through the effective review and management of hours and payroll spend, as well as non-payroll spend.
- Develop and deliver in depth analysis to the business to make further recommendations around how financial performance can be improved.
- Lead an effective and timely end-to-end budgeting process, building the budget bottom-up, working closely with operations and other key stakeholders to ensure there is engagement and buy-in to the budget targets and ultimately gaining sign-off for the budget.
- Lead and develop the finance business partners in such they are equally able to support their stakeholders.
- Coach and educate the operations team in terms of financial understanding to help them to improve service performance.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to the operations team and other stakeholders as needed.
- Provide ad hoc support to the CFO as needed.
- Provide financial leadership across the broader finance team, alongside the Head of Finance as appropriate, ensuring the team works collaborative and delivers on the overall finance department goals and objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of working in a fast-paced finance business partnering role with a commercial and pragmatic outlook.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, both verbal and written, with the emphasis on taking ownership and achieving results.
- A good relationship builder, who is able to build rapport and work collaboratively across all levels of the organisation. Equally is comfortable with both supporting and challenging key stakeholders in a constructive way.
- Action orientated, a good negotiator who is able to take action and drive decisions forward that will improve the financial performance of St Anne's.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with a proven track record of making commercial judgements.
- Organised and thorough, comfortable operating both strategically and operationally being hands on where needed.
- Able to coach and educate non-finance stakeholders, explaining complex financial issues in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Resilient and flexible, is able to deal with contentious issues and ever changing and competing priorities.
- Advanced Excel and other Microsoft office skills.
- Has a willingness to travel to support key operational stakeholders across the North of England as needed.
- Fully qualified with a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Experience of working in the social care or health care sector.
- Experience of leading and developing people.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced multi-site organisation.
- Degree educated.
- Full UK driving licence.
What's on Offer
£54,000-£56,000 + £3,000 car allowance + 32 days and 8 bank holidays + pension of employer 8% employee 5% + Leeds based + permanent role + 37.5 hours + flexible working available
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCYJN1020-213610553Z