About Our Client
Brandon Trust was established in 1994 and currently supports around 1,500 people across Southern England, the Midlands and London.
The organisation has a wealth of experience in working with people with learning disabilities and autism. The support they offer is often intensive and very rewarding. The organisation employs around 2,000.
Brandon exists to enable children, young people and adults with learning disabilities and autism to live a life in the way they choose. They do this by providing high-quality, individualised support that is genuinely life-enhancing. It ranges from a few hours of enabling support per week, through to life-long residential care for people with complex needs. Much of Brandon work sits within the supported living model; a highly person-centred approach which sees people live in their own homes.
The post holder will report directly to the Director of Finance and Corporate Governance and will support the development and implementation of Brandon Trust's financial strategy.
The post holder will provide support to the Director of Finance and Corporate Governance to produce and develop all aspects of Brandon Trust's financial reporting to include monthly management accounts, statutory accounts, forecasting, budgeting, business modelling and pricing strategies. This will involve reviewing existing accounting and financial processes and systems, streamlining and standardising or introducing new processes and systems where appropriate.
The post holder will be responsible for maintaining and improving adequate levels of financial controls and procedures, and the direct line management of the various finance teams. The post holder will support the Director of Finance and Corporate Governance to review the finance team structures and roles across Brandon Trust to ensure they meet the needs of the Trust.
The post holder will work closely with the Director of Finance and Corporate Governance and will deputise for that post at Executive Leadership Team (ELT) meetings, Audit Committee and Board meetings where necessary. The post holder will have strong role to play on the Wider Leadership Team alongside their peers across Operations and Support Services.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant to at least CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CIPFA level.
- Knowledge of charity sector or social care sector (desirable)
- A number of years post qualification experience operating at a senior level of an organisation and able to demonstrate a wide span of control and a level of experience commensurate with this post.
- Budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting. Preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data.
- Developing a range of financial reporting models, including costing templates and pricing tools, and of maintaining and developing finance systems.
- Managing teams, performance management and developing/coaching employees. Ability to set targets, motivate and inspire staff to achieve targets.
- Instigating and managing change and improvements in systems, processes and people.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this position will receive a salary of £55,550 and a further package including holiday and pension. More information is available on request.
Shortlisting date: Friday 21st June, 2019
Interview date: Friday 28th June, 2019
Brandon Trust's Head Office is based in Bristol, just off the M5 at Junction 17, their office is easily commutable from Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Bath, Newport, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Cardiff.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14021882Z