- Progressive organisation with clear growth plans
- Excellent Head of Finance role with future career opportunities and development
About Our Client
Founded in 1988, ExtraCare Charitable Trust is a registered Charity based in Coventry. The Trust build, develop and operate retirement villages and smaller housing developments across the UK.
Their vision is to provide better lives for older people supported by their mission to create sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it's needed.
People over 65 now outnumber those under 16 and those over 80 are the fastest-growing age group. Extracare have 21 retirement villages and housing schemes which are made up of a diverse community of residents ranging from 55 and upwards, couples, singles, people who are fit and well and those who need care and support.
Successful individual will be responsible for -
- Leading the Finance team to provide accurate financials and a high-quality service provision to its stakeholders
- Management of the finance business functions of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, and Financial Planning and Treasury
- Robust and reliable cashflow management
- Leading the annual budgeting process for the Trust and subsidiary.
- Ensuring that all new development opportunities are properly evaluated via a robust appraisal model.
- Supporting the Executive to shape and provide insight to their corporate planning ambitions with a robust financial plan and strategy, whilst ensuring funding streams are available
- Key member of the Senior Management Team ensuring finance are involved in all key decisions, supporting business strategy and policy development and change
- Liaising with the auditors and leading on the production of the Statutory Annual Report and Accounts for the Trust and subsidiary.
- Responsible for all tax matters including VAT
- Maintaining tight financial controls
- Supporting third party relationships such as the organisations auditors and bankers
- Managing, coaching and continuous development of a capable finance department
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACMA, ACCA
- Experience within Housing or Charity sector would be an advantage
- Excellent communicator with strong stakeholder management skills
- Experienced at presenting at Committee and Board level
- Strong commercial awareness combined with excellent influencing skills
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement of the department and team
- An innovative forwarding thinking individual with a flexible style
- Self-motivated individual who sets high standards
- Strong people management skills with evidence of driving teams
- Good strategic thinker with the ability to problem solve complex issues
- Potential to become Finance Director within 5 years
What's on Offer
£75,000 - £85,000 plus excellent benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY03202-12372753Z