- Head of Financial services working for Poplar Harca
- An industry leading housing association focusing on rejuvenating the Poplar area
About Our Client
Poplar Harca, based by All Saints on the DLR, is a community focused housing association. Over the years they have regenerated thousands of homes. They have and continue to partner with private property investors to help develop the area and have attracted over £2.5 billion worth of investment to build and create opportunities in the community.
Poplar Harca are about more than just building houses, they are passionate about providing homes for people whether it is social or private rent, shared ownership or right to buy. They aim to build community in everything they do and focus on how to extend this community through local events and welcoming centres that host a range of clubs and activities. Partnership is key to their mission, whether it is with their residents, private investors or supporting local business owners to help see the area of Poplar thrive.
The Head of Financial Services will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead responsibility for the timely completion of the Group's statutory accounts, ensuring that the quality of preparations minimises the process, and that the Audit & Risk Committee are involved as appropriate.
- Lead the accounts payable team ensuring accurate, efficient and timely processing of purchase orders, invoices and supplier payments.
- Ensure that accounting practice and record-keeping evolves as necessary to comply with the prevailing reporting standards; guide the team in these matters, providing training as necessary, to ensure good accounting practice throughout the finance team.
- Working alongside the Assistant Director of Finance - Accounting and Controls to implement a cross-function training plan to drive efficiencies.
- Lead the team in relation to all tax matters, setting policy and standards to ensure compliance; ensure formal tax advice is taken as needed and that it informs and influences decision-making and accounting practice.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of the Group's VAT return/s in compliance with the statutory deadlines and to maximise VAT recovery within the legislative framework.
- Contribute to internal and external audit activities ensuring that any associated recommendations influence practice and are implemented as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified, chartered accountant (ACA or equivalent) with strong reporting and technical finance understanding that can be evidenced through experience. In addition, you will have a track record of working closely with key stakeholders to deliver excellent financial reporting and decision-making support.
Furthermore you will have led and managed teams successfully. It is paramount that the successful candidate has an understanding of VAT and is able to lead on all tax matters including creating policy and setting standards to ensure compliance. Applications from all backgrounds are welcome.
What's on Offer
Circa. £55,000 - £60,000. Benefits include: bonus scheme, 27 days annual leave and pension contributions. Flexible working and option to work from home available.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14088015Z