- Excellent opportunity to take ownership of the entire grants function
- Team management and development experience are essential
About Our Client
Formed in 1997 with the purchase and transformation of the former Greenham Common Air Base, Greenham Trust has spent 23 years partnering with and supporting the local community. The aim of the Trust is to maximise property income from its extensive holding for distribution to local causes and programs. With over £58 million in funding provided to over 5,000 projects the Trust is looking to extend its offering and scope within the community.
Greenham Trust has been instrumental in a large and diverse number of projects, ranging from local clubs and group fundraisers to the Rosemary Appeal. The Appeal successfully raised over £5.5m to build The Greenham Trust Wing, a dedicated cancer support and renal dialysis unit at West Berkshire Community Hospital.
The Trust also hosts a number of community events designed to bring local people together and help local charitable organisations with their fundraising. Past events include Pitch to the Panel - a dragons' den style event where local charitable organisations can bid for a share of £100,000 towards a capital project or ground-breaking new service and Newbury Christmas Sing-Along which brings together massed choirs from local primary schools to perform in public in a festive event for the whole family.
The successful candidate for the Head of Grants and Administration will be joining at an exciting time for the Trust as they look to introduce a new CRM and grants management system. You will have a pivotal role within this project.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Grants and Administration will be:
- Oversight of all Grant programmes and special initiatives, working closely with Grant administrators to maintain a consistent, efficient and effective approach across all programmes.
- Working closely with the Finance Director to ensure that grant-making processes reflect and champion current best practice
- Assisting the Chief Executive on the development and delivery of new and special initiatives, including new funding partnerships and programmes.
- Overseeing the development of funding strategy and policies, in conjunction with the Chief Executive and working closely with Grant administrators
- Keeping updated on policy developments within the grant-making and charity sectors as well as relevant funded areas, and informing the work of the organisation accordingly
- Maintaining close and effective working relationships with the Chief Executive, trustees and key advisors
- This list is not exhaustive - please enquire for further details
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Head of Grants and Administration will be:
- Ability to work confidently and strategically across all of the sectors that the Trust supports and represent the organisation externally
- Ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines
- Ability to review and assess large amounts of information at pace
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of the not for profit and charities sector
- Superb communication skills, both communicating within the organisation and externally
- At least two years' line management experience
- High levels of diplomacy and discretion
What's on Offer
My client is offering a competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14101076Z