- Finance and Projects Manager for a forward thinking and successful University
- An opportunity to lead on the financial management for a Philanthropic cause
About Our Client
The University of Warwick is a forward-thinking institution with a constant presence in the rankings of the world's greatest universities and an enviable reputation for academic and commercial success.
Over the years, the University of Warwick has been shaped by the generosity, support and friendship of individual donors, business partners and charitable organisations. In 2015 Warwick celebrated its 50th anniversary by completing the 50Forward Campaign. This sparked the University's appetite to enhance the role of the Development Office by building a team that specialises in big gift fundraising, with responsibility for building a culture of philanthropy to support the delivery of the Vice Chancellor's 2030 strategy.
The Office is led by the Director of Development, who is supported by two Deputy Directors, one for Philanthropy and one for Strategy and Operations. Over the last 12 months there has been a full restructure to create a new platform for success, with an emphasis on building the data analytics, financial systems and research support to enable big gift fundraising to thrive.
The Philanthropic Finance and Projects Manager is a new role, reflecting the strategic importance of philanthropic income and awards in this re-energised team.
The Philanthropic Finance and Projects Manager will report into the Deputy Director of Development (Strategy & Operations) and be responsible for:
- The financial management of philanthropic donations to the University, ensuring the institution meets accounting standards and legal obligations for the treatment of gifts.
- Ensuring the institution fulfils donors' financial expectations for the use of gifts and enable the Development Office to report on the impact of fundraising through maintaining an audit trail for the award of funds.
- Conducting financial planning for fundraising projects, develop targets and enable decision making on resources required to deliver return on investment.
- Managing strategic projects and have responsibility for compliance and contracts across the department.
- Managing procurement matters on behalf of the Development Office.
- Preparing reports on income, targets and expenditure for the Senior Management Team to inform departmental decision making.
- Line managing the Gift Administrator and Finance Stewardship Assistant.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Philanthropic Finance and Projects Manager role will be able to pick things up quickly and manage multiple tasks at any one time. They will also have the following:
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification (CCAB, CIMA or equivalent) and experience in a relevant finance role is essential
- Degree, or equivalent level of work experience
- Experience of costing projects, preparing budgets, developing targets and modelling income and expenditure
- Sound knowledge of VAT, Corporation Tax and Charity SORP and FRS102 are an advantage
- Project Management experience along with a recognised qualification are desirable
- Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be working with Senior Key Stakeholders
Experience within a Charity or Not for Profit environment will be an advantageous but not essential.
What's on Offer
£41,500 - £49,500 + a £5,000 market supplement*.
There are lots of benefits to working at the University of Warwick, including relocation allowances, transport schemes, pension schemes with excellent employer contributions and a generous annual leave entitlement. For more information please request a detailed recruitment pack from Michael Page.
*In order to receive the £5k market supplement, the post holder will need to be qualified AND maintain professional accountancy membership each year.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14033880Z