Our client is a hospice charity based in South East London and they are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager on a permanent basis.
Our client is a warm hospice charity who are trying to provide a giant hug for the families that need to use their services. They are looking for a permanent Marketing and Communications Manager to join their team and influence this tone of voice throughout.
Marketing and Communications Manager - Permanent
To be responsible for the development and implementation of a cohesive marketing and communications strategy for the Hospice; including activities across multiple internal and external communication channels in order to raise awareness of and positively promote the work being done.
This role is very hands on and will work with the Director of Fundraising. There is a strong emphasis on digital activity and developing social media engagement. You will be the only Marketing and Communications person to join the fundraising team (of 9) but the plan will be to ideally grow this function in the future. Currently there is therefore no line management in this role.
Key responsibilities :
- In line with strategy to lead on all marketing and communications activities, ensuring that they are fully integrated.
- To set up and continuously review and update the marketing, PR and communications plan, communicating with all departments to achieve the objectives laid out in the strategy.
- Evaluating different methods of communication of key messages to various audiences, ensuring a range of media is used and that the key audiences are reached.
- To plan, develop and work with internal stakeholders to deliver integrated campaigns and deliver a robust schedule of activity across a variety of print and online channels.
- To create and maintain a cross-channel, audience-centric calendar of activities that supports our communication needs, including all written and visual content for it.
- To lead, deliver or assist in the creation & production of publicity materials using appropriate software including newsletters, e-news and leaflets.
- Preparing, reviewing and, as appropriate, approving copy for inclusion in publications including annual report and review, press releases, community magazines, newsletters etc.
- Working with the Director to create branding guidelines reflecting evolving character of the current brand.
- To be the main brand champion, ensuring brand consistency, accuracy and appropriateness of messaging for all published materials and communications and influencing staff and volunteers to be ambassadors.
- Lead on internal communications.
- Be the first point of contact for all press enquiries, escalating potential issues where appropriate.
- Develop and manage the digital activities ensuring they have a strong presence on all digital media channels .
Marketing and Communications Manager - Permanent (role based in South East London)
The successful candidate is someone is either from a commercial or not for profit background with a combination of marketing and communications experience who is happy to be extremely hands on.
My client is really looking for someone that would be an expert with content and be able to create a content calendar and lead the way on digital platforms as this is currently very limited.
Marketing and Communications Manager - Permanent - South East London