An excellent opportunity for an experienced Communications professional to join a leading University to help them drive and develop a successful communication and engagement strategy for their students.
My client is a leading University
The successful Senior Student Communications Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Develop and manage the delivery of communications strategies for a range of student projects and
- initiatives throughout the year, for example the NSS, Welcome Week, Graduation, student-facing
- services, wellbeing services and campus building developments.
- Analyse the communications requirements of all student-facing university services, and devise strategies
- to meet their objectives, merging their diverse needs together.
- Proactive and reactive comms to students, including a schedule of well-planned, engaging and
- relevant content.
- Manage a team of three, supporting their development and ensuring that their work is effectively
- planned, delivered and evaluated.
- Deputise for and support the Head of Communications where appropriate.
- Establish timed and reactive communications activity to fully support the university's student
- engagement practices and functions, ensuring effective two-way communication with students.
- Develop and coordinate on-campus and online events in support of the student journey.
- Drive the promotion and coordination of student feedback and engagement ,
- The strategy for and delivery of our social media channels.
The successful Senior Student Communications Manager should ideally have the following skillset;
- Significant and demonstrable experience of developing and delivering communication strategies and campaigns to deliver complex messages and support change initiatives.
- Ability to line manage a small team, developing their skills and setting objectives.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of writing compelling, clear, concise and effective copy for all channels including the web and social media
- Track record of planning, organising and managing the delivery of projects (including assessing, planning, initiating, implementing and reviewing).
- Experience of day to day management of multiple communication channels.
- Experience of working with senior staff and advising on contentious and confidential issues
The successful candidate will recieve a salary of circa £50,000 plus excellent benefits.