Temporary policy officer
Leading healthcare charity
- Work with complex documents on policy and legislative change, and compile evidence-based responses through mediums such as public consultations and Green Paper.
- Analyse and summarise documents and advise on implications to the charity, briefing members of the policy team, Services Directorate and Senior Leadership.
- Provide written briefings on policy issues for a range of audiences including internally, for politicians and policy makers, and for others involved in policy activities
- Obtain, review and advise on statistics relevant to young people with cancer, their families, and services
- Respond to and advise on relevant policy developments across all four UK nations
- Take a leading role, with support from the Head of Policy and Public Affairs, in developing the organisational policy positioning document.
- Take part in policy influencing activity at a regional and devolved nations level working with regional staff and teams effectively to deliver policy and charity objectives
- Provide administrative support to the team as required in tandem with the Policy and Public Affairs Executive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the housing industry
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
£ 30,000 - £ 32,000 (day rate equivalent)
Refreshed on: 27 April 2020
Closed date: 11 June 2020
Job ref: 14089282/001