The role involves the design and development of projects; managing budgets and resources; working effectively with team members, partners, funders and other stakeholders; overseeing delivery of high-quality research; and ensuring that the work makes an impact on policy and practice.
Independent (non-profit) research and policy organisation
- Design, manage and deliver multiple R&D projects across learning, skills and employment. This includes liaising with funders, managing project teams, ensuring that work is delivered to time and quality expectations, and within budget.
- Proactively engage with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that policy, practice and promotion activity is underpinned by robust research evidence, and achieves impact.
- Develop and implement appropriate research methodologies and methods, evaluation strategies and research tools.
- Lead on the production of high-quality research and policy reports.
- Represent our client with key stakeholders - including national and local government, trusts and foundations, providers, and other research centres and think tanks.
- In collaboration with senior R&D staff, support the development and training of the wider team.
- Line manage researchers, as required.
- Well-developed skills in managing and delivering a range of research and development projects including effective and efficient resource allocation.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, that ensure work is effectively prioritised to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and utilise appropriate methods and tools to support high quality research and analysis.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a range of audiences, stakeholders, funders and partners.
- Proven skills in writing for and speaking to a range of audiences to ensure impact.
- Understanding and application of a range of research and evaluation methodologies and methods
- Proven track record in delivering research projects to meet funders' requirements, including to time and quality expectations, within budget.
- Experience in developing research proposals and proven track record of securing funding.
- Ability to robustly analyse data
£30,000 - £39,000 per annum, depending on experience and location