About MicroLoan Foundation
MicroLoan Foundation supports the poorest women in remote rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa to work their own way out of poverty. By providing them with financial literacy, business training, on-going support and small affordable loans, we help these women to start small businesses for themselves.
With a regular income they are able to provide the basics for their families – food, shelter, education and medicine. We teach them to save as insurance against future crop failure, illness and other unexpected emergencies. In short, we give them hope, not handouts. Since 2002 MicroLoan Foundation has supported over 280,000 women and their families in Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
MicroLoan Foundation is looking for a proactive and ambitious Fundraising & Event Officer to join our fundraising team in London. The central function of the role is to manage and grow fundraising income from an innovative and exciting programme of events including in-person and digital events as well as UK and overseas challenges. The Fundraising & Events Officer will be engaging with donors, sponsors, fundraisers, and volunteers to maximise income and ensure all events run smoothly. You will manage suppliers and supporters to ensure that all events are delivered within an agreed budget and feed into the overall fundraising strategy.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing successful fundraising events
- Brilliant project management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Technical proficiency to manage and produce digital events and manage online fundraising platforms
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Ability to manage stress and deliver against targets in a high-pressure role
- A genuine interest in our cause
- Willingness to work some evening and weekend
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Permission to work in the UK
- To deliver and grow MicroLoan Foundation’s portfolio of events including digital and in-person fundraising events and UK and overseas challenges
- Project manage all aspects of delivering the events from recruiting participants, securing sponsors, venue sourcing, managing digital platforms, liaising with suppliers, financial reporting and the health and safety
- Proactively seek opportunities to innovate and further evolve event portfolio to grow fundraising income
- Effectively lead and manage external stakeholders and volunteer committees to deliver successful and compliant events
- To effectively steward donors, sponsors and event participants, developing relationships to maximise long term income opportunities
- Work closely with the fundraising team to create an integrated events strategy to drive acquisition of a wide range of donors from low level giving to major donors
- To coordinate multimedia event participant recruitment campaigns working closely with the Fundraising & Communications Manager
- To manage event budgets, ensuring events programme is delivered within the budget utilising cost effective resources, volunteer support, gifts in kind and sponsorship to control costs
- To analyse all aspects of event performance reporting as required and utilising the results to improve practice. This includes evaluation of cost effectiveness, levels of potential and sustainability
- To undertake any other tasks reasonably required
Pension Scheme: 8% employer
Holidays: 25 days annual leave per year plus eight bank holidays
Flexible working with option to work some days from home
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter on no more than two sides of A4 clearly outlining your experience and suitability for the role, as well as your motivation to work for MicroLoan Foundationk. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter on no more than two sides of A4 clearly outlining your experience and suitability for the role, as well as your motivation to work for MicroLoan Foundation. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.