We are looking for a dynamic individual to join us as Service Coordinator and deliver and develop our services in Islington and Westminster.
The Middle Eastern Women and Society organisation is a grassroot charity based in Islington and supporting BME women across London to rebuild their lives. We reject every form of discrimination, inequality and exclusion and aspire to a society where every woman lives in safety with equal opportunities. We hope for a society in which diversity is considered an element of strength and not of division.
JOB TITLE: Service Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
WORKING HOURS: 30 hours per week across 4 days (Monday – Thursday)
WORKING LOCATION: Islington and Westminster
SALARY: £18,720 per year
START: ASAP thereafter
Summary of Job
Taking lead responsibility for the development and smooth running of all MEWSo’s services, volunteer coordination and administration.
Main Tasks and Duties:
1. Information and Marketing
- Develop and maintain our systems for collecting, analysing and filing information.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of publicity materials in accordance with MEWSo’s and funder’s branding guidelines.
- Update information on the MEWSo’s website.
- Lead in creating and writing the Annual Report.
- Ensure the Business Plan is kept up to date
- Make sure MEWSo’s office space is safe, clean and ready for use.
- Check and answer all general emails including answering and assigning client referrals to relevant members of staff.
- Organise and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Create and maintain filing and other office systems.
- Keep diaries and arrange appointments.
- Schedule and attend meetings, create agendas and take minutes.
- Book meeting room.
- Liaise with other staff and with external contacts.
- Sort and distribute incoming post and organise and send outgoing post.
- To promote MEWSo and other services and activities on the office notice boards ensuring that information displayed is up to date and relevant.
- To be responsible for ordering supplies for the organisation – stationery, workshop equipment etc.
- To support the smooth running of the organisation by carrying out basic admin tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Ensure IT systems are updated and maintained.
- Review and update organisational policies and procedures.
- Photocopy and print various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
3. Project Management
- Support the planning and coordination of a program activities
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Write project reports for funders.
- Organise workshop logistics such as booking the venue.
- Create workshop flyers and advertisement.
- Supervise workshops.
- Develop and implement procedures for the collection and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data.
- Close the project - including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for the next project.
- Assist in the organisation of in-house and external events.
- Identify and manage risks to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties including through attending networking meetings.
4. Staff and Volunteer Management
- Volunteer recruitment, training and supervision.
- Reimburse volunteer and staff cash expenses against receipts.
- Supervise and support other staff members.
5. Financial Operations
- Make payment of invoices (including staff).
- Issue sales invoices and chase late payments.
- Ensure the smooth running of our petty cash systems.
- File receipts.
- Assist in basic bookkeeping.
- Assist in preparing information for the annual Independent Examination of MEWSo’s accounts.
6. Other duties and responsibilities
- Assist other staff in writing emails and composing speeches when needed.
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/staff meetings as appropriate.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
- Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of MEWSo.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
Education / Qualification
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualification in giving advice.
Skills / Abilities
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative.
- The ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write reports and minutes.
- Spelling and grammar must be of a high standard.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- High numeracy skills, including the ability to understand and manage financial information.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexibly as a member of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages including Word and Excel.
- At least 1 years’ experience in an administrative role in a small organisation.
- Experience of managing projects or supporting the management of projects.
- Experience of analysing data and producing reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience forming outcome driven partnerships.
- Experience of managing a diverse workload and working under pressure.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages.
- Knowledge of GDPR, Health and Safety, project management, risk management and other organisational compliance issues.
- Experience of volunteer management.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experience of editing websites e.g. Wordpress.
- Experience using graphic-design tool website, Canva.
- Experience using the marketing platform, Mailchimp.
- Some experience of working with women and/ or BAMER communities.
- Experience and/ or interest in working in the voluntary sector.
Motivation and personal attributes
- Committed to the charity's cause
- An interest in and understanding of current issues, particularly effecting women
- Enthusiastic and determined approach
- Team player
- Honesty and reliability
This role would suit someone who is passionate, reliable, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to both women's equality and MEWSo's values and mission, please apply through our website by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Deadline for applications is 10am on the 10th June 2019 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 12th June or Thursday 13th June.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us a week after your application was submitted, you will have been unsuccessful.