Multi Trade Operative
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Tradesmen to join us as we look to grow our In-House Maintenance Team.
Multi Trade Operative
Location: Coventry, Northampton and Birmingham
Salary: £34,918 per annum + performance related bonus
Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
We have multiple roles available and are looking for people in the Northampton, Coventry and Birmingham areas.
As a Multi-trade Operative, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that our 34,000 homes are places that people love to live in. Working in both occupied and empty properties, you’ll diagnose and complete a broad range of repairs and / or special projects such as aids and adaptions which, dependent on your specialisms, may include:
- Carpentry & joinery – Fitting doors, kitchens, floorboards.
- Plumbing – Fitting bathroom suites, changing tabs, repairing toilets.
- Plastering – Whole walls, ceilings or rooms.
- Decorating – Painting walls, ceiling and woodwork.
What’re we looking for? You’ll be a talented multi-skilled tradesperson. who has a main trade complemented by skills across one or more other trades. You’ll also have a sound knowledge of site safety and safe working practices and a full UK driving licence is essential. Great people skills are an absolute must, as is the motivation to always leave the customer happy in the knowledge that you’ve done everything you can to help them.
What do you get in return?
- Salary of £34,918 per annum PLUS;
- Performance bonus up to £5,000 per annum PLUS;
- Out of Hours Payments PLUS;
- Equipment including a medium wheel-based van, power tools, full uniform and PPE, as well as a Mobile Phone and IPad PLUS;
- There’s also a competitive pension, 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 within 5 years) and the support needed to develop your career should you need it.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Closing date: 28/11/2023
Please be aware that we have multiple vacancies and that suitable candidates will be invited to an assessment shortly after applying. We'll close applications as soon as all vacancies have been filled.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.
No agencies please.