Midlands Air Ambulance Charity is responsible for funding & operating three air ambulance helicopters and two critical care cars serving the communities of six Midlands counties: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, the West Midlands and Worcestershire. This constitutes the largest operating region in the UK. The Charity also provides secondary cover to surrounding areas such as Warwickshire and mid Wales.
The role - West Midlands Fundraising Executive
You will provide support to the Fundraising & Events Manager, working within the wider fundraising division. As a key member of the Team, the Fundraising Executive will implement the fundraising strategy for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, comprising of both in person and online community engagement methods, leading on activity within the West Midlands region.
Your focus will be to ensure income growth from community sources and activity comprising of individuals, community groups and small community businesses. As a longstanding charity, which has recently celebrated 30 years of service, we have established networks in place, however alongside this, the post holder will need to innovate and develop new ways of working in line with the ever-changing external environment (i.e. global/national trends and events), as well as in response to opportunities and challenges happening in the West Midlands region.
A key element of your role will be to meet agreed annual fundraising targets, develop our community of donors, networking, collaboration and communications, supporting and developing volunteer fundraising,
What we are looking for:
- Experience within the Charity fundraising sector, either in the capacity of working or volunteering.
- Project and campaign management – end to end from planning to evaluation.
- Competent public speaker – in person and online.
- Working with donors and supporters at all levels.
- Experience of working unsupervised with the ability to drive and generate own workload.
- First-hand in-depth knowledge of a range of fundraising strategies and tactics
- Understanding of sector best practice and relevant fundraising / charity legislation (data protection act, health and safety, etc.)
- As you will be working in the community, we would be looking for an understanding of safeguarding and consideration of making activity/engagement as accessible as possible.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to build and maintain supporter relationships.
- Digital skills including PowerPoint presentations and use of social media for fundraising purposes.
You will join a friendly and inclusive team which provides support for the charity’s vital life-saving service. Our working hours enable flexible working, with 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) plus Birthday day off and following completion of probationary period, we offer up to 6% employer pension contributions and a health cash plan which covers a wide range of healthcare treatments and life insurance.
Closing date: 18th June 2021
Please note that Midlands Air Ambulance Charity reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
Strictly no agencies please
Please send CV with covering letter highlighting skills, experience and key achievements relevant to role