About Migrant Help:
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
Purpose of the job:
- To contribute to the overall success of the Organisation in accordance with Migrant Help's aims and objectives.
- To provide professional administration support for Asylum Services.
- To assist the Business Support Manager - Regions and team colleagues with their day-to-day work in the provision of the AIRE contracts regional services.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain an efficient up to date recording and monitoring system.
- Maintain logs for appointments for the completion of Asylum Support Forms, Change of Circumstances and Inductions on a national basis.
- Assist in making appointments for clients where required.
- Keeping accurate records on Service User location and contact details.
- Keeping accurate records of any vulnerabilities and monitor any changes to location working with all regional officers.
- Liaise with the Submissions team regarding completed and returned documentation.
- Support the timely and accurate allocation, recording and distribution of ASPEN cards in line with agreed processes.
- Monitor the completion of scorecards for quality purposes.
- Ensure that the ASF main spreadsheet (or alternative) is accurate and reflective of the current situation.
- Ensure that the Inductions spreadsheet (or alternative) is accurate and reflective of the current situation.
- Assist with Data entry.
- Maintain operational statistical information as directed by operational need.
- Maintain accurate records of invoices, delivery notices received from contractors and service commissioners.
- Monitor stationery, consumables and office supplies, ordering on a regular basis.
- Maintain diaries for appointments and briefings and circulate these to the appropriate members of the team.
- Open, sort and record all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ensure monthly petty cash return and other documents are posted timely to finance team.
- Circulate, update and file information received via admin email inboxes as appropriate.
- Participate in regular team briefings/meetings and take accurate records.
- Responsible to take minutes of team meetings, daily briefings and external partnership meeting as required.
- Provide administrative support to other colleagues as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned, including administrative and operational tasks within the post holder’s competency.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclousure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
- This post is subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC).
- Suitable candidate must be OISC registered or, have the willingless to work towards OISC qualification.
Therefore the applicant must:
- Hold a valid, full current 10 year British passport; full EU passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- Provide full UK address history for the last five years.