About Migrant Help:
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
To work as part of Migrant Helps AIRE Outreach team, this role will primarily assist with the Asylum Interview Project which ensures Service Users are prepared for their Asylum interview and have access to legal representation. This role will provide face to face services at various hotels as well as providing guidance by telephone. There is a requirement that the post-holder will meet the changing local business needs and will re-prioritise work as necessary to work closely with other members of the team, departments and external agencies. The role would cover the stated region and potential other areas in the UK as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• The post holder will provide day to day support for the Asylum Interview Project which will provide guidance by telephone or face to face at various locations as required by the Outreach and Move on Manager .
• To assist clients with signposting to find legal representation.
• Assist clients with guidance of what to expect from the Asylum Interview process as directed by the Outreach and Move on Manager.
• To manage a caseload offering appropriate support in a designated timeframe
• Keep accurate and up-to-date case records, complete case follow up within the requisite time scales and undertake any necessary administrative tasks.
• Ensure that their work meets overall quality standards and, where possible, exceeds it in line with Government and other Stakeholder contracted arrangements.
• Provide Advice and Guidance to Asylum Seekers as required.
• Provide signposting and make referrals to other services as appropriate.
• To assist clients report any issues to accommodation providers and the Home Office to highlight any safeguarding concerns.
• To keep the Outreach and Move on Manager updated with any trends.
• Occasionally training or meetings are organised outside of normal working hours. The post-holder will be expected to attend whenever reasonably practicable.
• Undertake any other duties which may be assigned from time to time and may include cover for other funded projects.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work.
• Flexibility and work life balance
• Enhanced family friendly provisions
• Additional holiday entitlements
• Perkbox benefits
• Non-contributory pension scheme.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
• This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
• This post is subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC).
• Suitable candidate must be OISC registered or have the willingness to work towards OISC qualification.
Therefore the applicant must:
• Be able to prove their right to work in the UK by providing a valid passport or other right to work documents, such as work visa, settled status document, certificate of registration or naturalization as a British citizen etc. Any offer of employment will be subject to CTC clearance which requires a valid passport.
• Be able to provide continuous UK address history for the previous 5 years.
• Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.