About Migrant Help:
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Director for Strategic Programmes to join our team on a Permanent Contract.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work.
These are some of the benefits we offer:
• Flexibility and work life balance
• Enhanced family friendly provisions
• Additional holiday entitlements
• Perkbox benefits
• Non-contributory pension scheme.
At Migrant Help, we foster a culture in which equality, diversity and inclusion are recognised, valued and encouraged. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from, we match your skills with the needs of our organisation. As long as you share our values, vision and goals. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of their age, religion or belief, race, gender reassignment, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
The Deputy Director of Strategic Programmes will be responsible for managing some of our smaller or short-term direct service contracts and a number of projects outside our core contracts. This role will play a key part in the successful delivery of the Migrant Help Strategy which aims to provide holistic support to our clients, fill gaps in services for the sector and build collaborative partnerships. This is a wide-reaching role with a lot of variety that focuses on delivering real impact to our clients.
This is a new role for Migrant Help with a growing team as we look to increase our client support into new areas and diversify our income. The key aims of this role are to;
- Support and deliver on existing programmes
- Liaise with commissioners
- Mobilise and deliver future projects
- Advise on the development of new projects
The postholder will be responsible for ensuring KPIs and deliverables are achieved, and that our projects reach the most vulnerable people.
The Deputy Director of Strategic Programmes will promote the Migrant Help Strategy internally and externally and contribute to the development of future strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong partnerships with organisations and community groups in the sector, identifying opportunities to collaborate and share good practice.
- Develop and maintain relationships with commissioners and ensure KPIs, targets and reporting requirements are met for contracts and grants within your remit.
- Represent Migrant Help at key sector meetings, network events and pitches as required.
- Oversight and strategic management of key initiatives undertaken in line with the strategy, including planning, budgeting, funding, partnership management, evaluation and reporting.
- Develop evaluation and monitoring processes to assess the effectiveness of the programmes.
- Provide senior level capacity and expertise to our Strategy and Engagement function.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organisation in accordance with Migrant Help's Strategic aims and objectives.
- Ensure staff are appropriately managed, supervised with regular objective setting and supportive meetings.
- Effective line management of teams and ensure delivery structures are fit for purpose.
- Attend and provide reports to Board and Management meetings as required to fulfil the governance and leadership responsibilities in line with the role.
- Contribute to senior management team meetings and discussions.
- Work closely with the Communications team to promote outcomes and impact of the programmes internally and externally and elevate the Migrant Help brand.
- Work with the Income Team to develop fundraising strategies for the programmes, project proposals, and to support new funding streams.
- Work with the Operations Teams to map service delivery innovations and improvements, ensure a consistent approach and share learnings.
- Engage with our Lived Experience Advisory Panels to understand, coproduce and implement service improvements
And any other ad hoc duties as deemed reasonable by the Director of Strategy & Engagement, CEO and Board
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
Right to Work in the UK
In addition to being able to provide documents to show their right to work in the UK ie passport or other right to work documents such as work visa, settled status document, certificate of registration, naturalization as a British citizen, Biometric Residence Permit etc.
This post is also subject to;
- DBS Check
- Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
For CTC application applicant must:
- Be able to provide a valid passport eg. 10 year full British passport, EU or non-EU Passport with indefinite leave to remain
- Be able to provide continuous UK address history for the previous 5 years
- Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment
All ID documents must show current address
We encourage applications from disabled people by offering them an interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.