Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Director.
Scope of the Role:
This role forms a key part of the Senior Management Team, with region-wide responsibility to develop and deliver key outcomes in the Migrant Help Strategic Plan. The role is in support of the Chief Executive and Senior Executive Team in the delivery of all key organisational objectives with specific lead responsibility for successfully directing the regional AIRE contractual responsibilities, along with related asylum services, delivery partnerships and contractual arrangements. The strategic importance and size of the AIRE contract forms the key focus of this role, and determines it being a Senior Management position, reporting to the Director of Asylum Services on the delivery of contractual expectations.
There is a large staff management and performance component to this role, bringing together the line management of the directly provided regional AIRE services.
The postholder is required to provide effective and persuasive leadership; planning, directing and coordinating the work of the staff team within the department. They will be required to work across the regions, enabling and supporting their staff team to have a confident, collaborative, solutions-focused approach. There are prescribed and tight performance targets within our AIRE contract, so the achievement of those expectations is paramount, and the expectation is to achieve this through the development of a high performing and well-motivated team.
They will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of the staff teams through review of processes leading to the provision of strong, encouraging leadership, and considered strategies.
They will ensure that full statutory and contractual compliance is observed across all AIRE and related asylum services. They will work effectively and in partnership with the relevant sub-contractors, delivery partners, Government agencies, statutory and voluntary sector agencies to deliver strong results for Migrant Help and for our client group.
Core to this role is to maintain and enhance the reputation of Migrant Help by representing our organisation at internal and external meetings, discussions and associated forums, where the delivery of asylum services is being discussed. In addition, the incumbent is expected to promote equality, diversity and the values of our organisation in all associated actions and activities throughout Migrant Help.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Proven and demonstrable experience of Six Sigma, Kaizen or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role
- Demonstrable experience of managing operational matters at senior level in line with excellent knowledge of best practice, budget management and strategic planning.
- Excellent people manager, able to drive the best performance from teams and individuals
- Understanding of the asylum system, associated operating matters and how they apply to the AIRE contract
- Ability to review processes, plan and adapt where necessary
- Ability to manage processes in a timely and effective manner, negotiating strong outcomes, problem solving and developing excellent working relationships
- Ability to plan effectively and in a timely fashion, prioritising where to spend time and resources so that deadlines and targets can be met
- Ability to determine effective and persuasive strategies, in daily work, as well as in contributing to the wider direction of the organisation.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, able to analyse situations and focus on achieving solutions or ways forward
- Capability to collect, analyse and disseminate data for Organisational/Stakeholder/Annual reports
- A demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Proven ability to prioritise, work on own initiative and deliver desired results
- Ability to deal well with deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Excellent computer skills, particularly of MS Office applications
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as required
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- This post is subject to a Counter Terrorism Check
- Owing to the nature of this role, both local and national travel is required by prior arrangement. Therefore flexibility and willingness to accommodate this need is a pre-requisite
The applicant must:
- hold a valid, full current 10-year British passport; full EU passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- provide full UK address history for the last five years
Please see Job description for full Person Specifications
1. Relevant CV
2. Detailed personal statement showing how you meet the specific requirements, skills and experience as outlined in the job description and person specification with special attention to the added value you could bring.
Successful internal applicants will move to Migrant help 2018 Terms and Conditions if they are not already on them.
Closing Date: 11 March 2020 - Vacancy may close early dependent on applicant numbers
As part of your role, it is important you operate within Migrant Help’s values:
Protection, Diversity, Equality, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence.
Migrant Help is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.