About Migrant Help:
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Director of Commercial to join our team on a Fixed-Term contract. There will be a potential for the role to be made permanent or be extended.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work.
These are some of the benefits we offer:
• Flexibility and work life balance
• Enhanced family friendly provisions
• Additional holiday entitlements
• Perkbox benefits
• Non-contributory pension scheme.
At Migrant Help, we foster a culture in which equality, diversity and inclusion are recognised, valued and encouraged. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from, we match your skills with the needs of our organisation. As long as you share our values, vision and goals. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of their age, religion or belief, race, gender reassignment, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
This role is key to representing the charity in commercial dealings with its key commissioners and contractors. By understanding the key operational and commercial workings of such contracts, this role will lead on generating, assessing, negotiating and implementing commercial solutions. They will provide a framework for changes and additions outside the regular scope of these contracts.
This role has line management responsibility for an effective system of supplier management which reviews, negotiates, approves, and monitors new and existing contracts. The role should be proficient in constructing high value multi-year and volume related contracts using specialist finance, legal and operational sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying the commercial impact of current and potential contract clauses to effectively construct change requests in line with the strategic goals of the Charity.
- Construct contracts which mitigate risk of volume changes by conveying appropriate information to specialist finance, legal and operational staff – allowing for performance measurement, escalations and contingency planning.
- Attend contract review meetings, supporting operational leads in commercial discussions around service charges and credits and matters impacting contract delivery.
- Maintain ongoing commercial relationships – build open relationships with commissioners and contractors through frequent and open discussions and shared goals.
- High Level Business Cases - Drafting the business case with input from managers and specialists.
- Support our contractual arrangements for bids, grants and partnerships to ensure a clear understanding of contractual clauses.
- Communication & Stakeholder Management - Develop and maintain communications with project managers and other stakeholders, building effective and collaborative relationships
- Risks & Issues - Manage risks and issues, including those that are strategic and politically sensitive, ensuring regular reporting and escalation as appropriate.
- Leadership Vision & Objectives - Deliver stated objectives. Support the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes.
- Development and support of the operational staff who manage contractual relationships providing as a mentor or coach.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
Right to Work in the UK
In addition to being able to provide documents to show their right to work in the UK ie passport or other right to work documents such as work visa, settled status document, certificate of registration, naturalization as a British citizen, Biometric Residence Permit etc.
This post is also subject to;
- DBS Check
- Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
For CTC application applicant must:
- Be able to provide a valid passport eg. 10 year full British passport, EU or non-EU Passport with indefinite leave to remain
- Be able to provide continuous UK address history for the previous 5 years
- Provide full employment history for the previous 3 years and/or suitable documentation to cover any gaps in employment
All ID documents must show current address
We encourage applications from disabled people by offering them an interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.