Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
The post holder is expected to contribute to the overall success of the Organisation in accordance with Migrant Help's aims and objectives. The purpose of this role is to support the Facilities Manager in the comprehensive provision of effective and efficient facilities support to Migrant Help and Clear Voice, its managers and all personnel on estates and safety matters that affect the Organisation or its workforce. The post-holder will assist and support Facilities to ensure Migrant Help complies with all current legislation / approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to the management of premises and support to the health and safety provisions.
The objective of this role is to support the Facilities Manager to manage and secure practical, pragmatic solutions to a range of premises and health and safety issues which are timely, effective, bound by budgets and understood by staff who will be able to find it straightforward to comply. Building positive partnerships and relationships with Migrant Help managers and colleagues is an essential aspect of this role.
In addition, the post-holder is expected to promote equality, diversity, ethical practice and the values of our organisation in all associated actions and activities throughout Migrant Help.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Facilities Manager with:
• Management of offices and premises as required ensuring that we comply with regulation and legislation in terms of Health and Safety and good/best practice standards.
• Procure fixtures and fittings for our offices, premises as required to meet our obligations as an employer and accommodation provider.
• Day to day maintenance of the Migrant Help asset register.
• Supervision of the mini fleet of pool vehicles. Undertaking weekly checks for road worthiness and cleanliness. Monitoring mileage, service schedules and the reporting of defects. Inducting new drivers on the policy and use of the vehicles.
• Maintain records of energy usage, waste costs in line with our targeted reductions in carbon emissions.
• Maintain a record of health and safety risk assessments and safe systems of working. Advising the relevant manager/department on when these are due for review and/or update.
• Maintain records of statutory compliance checks, e.g. PA Testing, annual inspection of fire equipment, alarms are relevant and up to date.
• Support managers in the provision of DSE self-assessments and their follow up. Where necessary conduct home visits for full-time home workers.
• Work with HR to ensure that all staff training is compliant with the law/regulation as required.
• Support the provision of audit and Facilities checks on Migrant Help’s offices and services to ensure compliance with ISO45001, ISO9001 and ISO27001 accreditations.
• Maintain records of accidents and near misses and working with those involved and their managers take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
• Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in all actions and activities.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work these include:
• Flexibility and work life balance
• Enhanced family friendly provisions
• Additional holiday entitlements
• Perkbox benefits
• Non-contributory pension scheme.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
- The post is subject to Counter Terrorist (CTC) Check
Therefore the applicant must:
- Hold a valid, full current 10 year British passport; full EU passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- Provide full employment historry for previous 3 years and or suitable documenation to cover any gaps.
- Be able to provide full 5 years UK address history