About Migrant Help:
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work. This includes understanding the importance of having a work life balance, offering enhanced family friendly provisions, additional holiday entitlements, Perkbox benefits and a non-contributory pension scheme.
Scope of Role
- To provide advice, guidance and support to those seeking asylum in the UK via the telephone helpline service.
- To meet internal standards on performance and call handling as set by the Head of Advice Centre.
- To meet all regulatory standards in line with Migrant Help and OISC best practice.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that customer and client service standards are met.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Eligibility, Advice and Guidance Line Team to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, policies and procedures to provide the correct advice and guidance to all who contact the centre.
- Work as a We Are Digital adviser when required.
- Handle calls effectively working in a timely way to ensure that the Centre operates efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of the contract. Ensure that case notes are accurate and succinct.
- Work with interpreters as required.
- Undertake casework as required to assist with providing that timely service.
- Ensure that any advice or support previously provided that is incorrect is reported and corrected.
- Ensure that all documents are submitted within required time frames.
- Ensure that a professional and courteous service is provided to all clients, both internal and external.
- Keep full accurate and up-to-date records and complete case follow up within the requisite time scales and undertake any necessary administrative tasks in relation to the work.
- Attend and participate in team briefs and meetings, participate in training and appraisal processes as required.
- Adhere to Data Protection regulations and GDPR
- Adhere to the Staff Code of Conduct
We place a high value on employees in relation to the work that they do and the benefits the organisation offers, with an ethos of being a Great Place to Work these include:
- Flexibility and work life balance
- Enhanced family friendly provisions
- Additional holiday entitlements
- Perkbox benefits
- Non-contributory pension scheme.
Migrant Help is committed to safeguarding those we provide a service to, applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures throughout different stages of the recruitment process.
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
- This post is subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC).
- Suitable candidate must be OISC registered or have the willingness to work towards OISC qualification.
Therefore the applicant must:
- Hold a valid, full current 10 year British passport, full EU passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- Provide full UK address history for the last five years.
- Provide full employment history for previous 3 years and or suitable documentation to cover any gaps
Migrant Help is Disability Confident Committed