Are you passionate about helping others, as well as making real and lasting change? Are you a successful fundraiser, with strong funder relationships and an appetite to enable real change in a small ambitious charity?
MKHP is a network of organisations who connect to prevent and end homelessness in Milton Keynes. MKHP is ambitious. We encourage and facilitate innovative ideas on how to end homelessness, with a focus on prevention rather than cure.
There has never been a better time to join Milton Keynes Homelessness Partnership (MKHP). The charity is in an exciting period, during its formative years, and our new strategy needs a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced Fundraising Manager to turn our vision of preventing and ending homelessness in Milton Keynes into reality.
Reporting directly to our Chief Executive, the Fundraising Manager is a pivotal role in our small staff team, enabling MKHP to deliver its purpose and strategic priorities. The role’s overarching responsibilities are to develop and deliver MKHP’s fundraising strategy across trusts, foundations and other grant giving bodies. The postholder will extend the strategy to include individual and corporate supporters, as well as inspire our local community to support MKHP as their charity of choice.
The key role responsibilities are to:
- Develop and deliver MKHP’s fundraising strategy to achieve agreed income targets across all activities
- Research potential grant and trust funding opportunities (local and national); work with relevant staff on the development of applications/proposals, building relationships with and reporting to supporters
- Ensure each funding application/proposal meets the criteria, deadlines and requirements of the trust/ grant fund and represents the values of the organisation
- Promote corporate fundraising opportunities within the local business community, engage with and develop relationships with companies and staff teams
- Ensure that all fundraising activities are cost effective, in line with strategic priorities and with the best possible ROI and profit
- Confidently present the key messages and organisational values of MKHP
- Represent for MKHP at networking events, community events and speaking at these where required
- Build a strong collaborative network, communicating with a wide range of supporters and stakeholders, including exploring and leading collaborative or joint funding prospects on behalf of MKHP
- Liaise with wider team to generate press and social media coverage and news in support of planned fundraising initiatives
- Ensure all relevant staff and volunteers are briefed on fundraising activities
- Acknowledge donations adhering to the SLA (service level agreement) set within the organisation, following fundraising codes of practice
- Ensure accurate records are maintained according to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
- Be aware of and adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Conduct and Codes of Best Practice and GDPR
- Regularly report to the Chief Executive on income generation/fundraising activities, and opportunities in an established funding pipeline as well as prepare reports to the Board of Trustees as required
- Complete other duties as required, commensurate with the role.
We expect a real commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring the voice of individuals with lived experience is really heard. So, if you are a passionate, committed individual who understands the complexities of working in an environment with hard-to-reach communities, are great at what you do and want to influence change, then we want to hear from you!
Please refer to the application pack for further details, including the personal specification.
To apply, please provide your CV with a covering letter, addressing how you meet the person specification and your motivation for applying. Please also indicate what notice period is required, if in current employment.
All applicants are asked to complete a voluntary equality and diversity monitoring form as part of their application. This is not part of the assessment process, but is to help MKHP monitor the equity of our team.
Please also get in touch if you require support to fill out your application, have any specific access requirements, or want to discuss the positions in more detail.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.