We are pleased to announce that we are looking for an Administrator to help run our HQ function.
Job title: Administrator
Post no: 375
Start date: As soon as possible
Working base: Flitwick
Reports to: HR Adviser
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £17,893.20 F.T.E (actual salary £14,508 per annum)
Contracted hours: 30 hours
Working days and hours: 5 days a week, 6 hours a day
Flexibility required: Occasional evenings and/or weekends to attend events/meetings
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
About Mind BLMK
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
About the role
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of tasks that support our organisation, the Exec teams and departments. The role will involve answering Mind BLMK’s enquiry telephone line so excellent customer services will be required along with a ‘can-do’ attitude in this wide and varied role.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Carry out general admin duties in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures, and processes (support Exec roles; housekeeping; meeting and greeting; referrals; post; email and telephone enquiries; Guarantor Member scheme; room bookings and meeting arrangements; minute taking; ordering and monitoring of supplies, stationery, and equipment).
- Deal with a wide variety of calls and enquiries from the general public, operational staff, and managers, responding and taking action as appropriate (directing callers to relevant services/individuals, taking messages; relaying information accurately and on time; offer appropriate information; deal effectively with enquiries from individuals in crisis and escalate potential Safeguarding issues to the Safeguarding Lead).
- Provide administrative support to HR department to include but not limited to, to enable appropriate records to be kept for new and existing employees and volunteers, assist in the recruitment process for employees and volunteers, implement and be responsible for a reminder system for HR mailing returns, and to respond to ad hoc requests for reports data and figures.
- Working in a busy office environment in a multi-skilled and varied role
- Working with and supporting the work of senior management, managers, and colleagues.
- Dealing with staff, volunteers, external contractors, and the general public
- Using databases and systems for data collection, maintenance, manipulation, interpretation, and reporting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication, organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Note taking, drafting minutes, and producing quality documents
- Good IT skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel internet, databases, and reporting systems)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good standard of education with as minimum equivalent of 5 GCSEs A-C, preferably including English and Maths
Closedown: 5pm on Wednesday 20 January 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job description and application form.
Mind BLMK has been annually assessed and approved as a Disability Confident Employer (previously “Two Ticks”) since 2008.
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008
No agencies please.