We are pleased to announce that we are looking for a Team Leader to oversee our Central Bedfordshire Crisis Cafe Service.
Job title: Crisis Café Team Leader – Central Beds
Post no: 390
Start date: As soon as possible
Working base: Flitwick/Biggleswade
Area covered: Flitwick/Biggleswade
Reports to: Crisis Café Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00 F.T.E (Actual salary: £15,567.57 per annum)
Contracted hours: 24 hrs per week
Working days: Across 4 nights a week (Days of delivery to be confirmed)
Working hours: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Flexibility required: Evenings and/or weekends depending on agreed hours
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
About Mind BLMK
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
About the role
The successful candidate will be able to manage this area effectively and offer support to individuals potentially going though crisis and those managing their mental health. The role will work closely with the Crisis Cafe Manager to ensure the delivery of this service is in keeping with Mind BLMK’s ethos, vision and values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operate a service and ensure outcomes which supports individuals to deescalate crisis and develop strategies for recovery and increased wellbeing, in line with Mind BLMKs vision and values as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- To manage a relationship with the mental health trust which ensures effectiveness of the crisis pathways for those who need further support.
- Work with the Crisis Cafe Manager to ensure regular involvement of service users, volunteers and staff on local service delivery, organisational matters and wider mental health and crisis care strategies.
- Maintain an effective workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, line management, workload planning, support and development of crisis workers, peer support workers and volunteers).
- Hold responsibility for health and safety in line with Mind BLMK’s H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Coordinating a small service within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets.
- Coordinating a small team of staff and volunteers.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with people with mental health issues and experience of assessing level of need.
Skills, abilities and knowledge
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Promoting a service.
- IT (MS Outlook, Word and Excel and internet).
- Conducting meetings, identifying actions and generating notes.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good communication, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Understanding the wellbeing needs of and working with people with mental health needs, including those from culturally diverse communities.
If you are an individual who wants to oversee vital support for people managing their mental health, then we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm on 11 May 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website, where you can view the full Job Description and download the application form.
Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
No agencies please.