We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Crisis Café team as a Peer Support Worker.
Title: Crisis Recovery Peer Support Worker
Post no.: 345
Working base: Luton and/or Bedford
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £10.76 per hour
Contracted hours: Flexible (up to 30 hours per week)
Working days: Agreed hours worked flexibly across 7 days a week (Mon-Sun)
Working hours: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Our Mind BLMK Crisis Café is an out-of-hours mental health crisis service which covers Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes providing a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing a crisis. During this role you will use your own lived experience of mental health to support others to de-escalate a crisis, facilitate crisis focussed 1:1s and run peer group sessions that offer structured interventions and support.
As a Crisis Recovery Peer Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering crisis focussed 1:1s and ensuring outcomes which support individuals experiencing a mental health crisis in Luton and/or Bedford, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Delivering a strength-based approach to crisis de-escalation using own lived experience of mental health, in order to facilitate a space where people feel accepted and understood. Sharing ideas and approaches that have been useful in recovery and crisis de-escalation and embedding this in working practices as a peer.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contributing to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carrying out health and safety responsibilities as directed by the Crisis Café Manager in line with Mind BLMK’s H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Carrying out cash handling responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with Mind BLMK’s financial policies, procedures and guidance (records, petty cash income and expenditure).
- Carrying out responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday 5th August 2020
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We hold the Investors in People standard as well as a commitment to Disability Confident and Mindful Employer charters.
No agencies please.