We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Crisis Café team as a weekend Crisis Recovery Worker.
Title: Crisis Recovery Worker – Weekends Only
Post no.: 354
Working base: Luton and/or Bedford
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £10.76 per hour
Contracted hours: Flexible (up to 18 hours per week)
Working days: Agreed hours worked over weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Working hours: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Our Mind BLMK Crisis Café is an out-of-hours mental health crisis service which covers Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes providing a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing a crisis. During this role you will support individuals to de-escalate crisis and improve mental health and wellbeing, through focussed 1:1s and structured crisis interventions.
As a Crisis Recovery Worker, your duties will include:
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and and ensure outcomes which supports individuals experiencing a mental health crisis in Luton and/or Bedford, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out health and safety responsibilities as directed by the Crisis Café Manager in line with Mind BLMK’s H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Carry out cash handling responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with Mind BLMK’s financial policies, procedures and guidance (records, petty cash income and expenditure).
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday 5th August 2020
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We hold the Investors in People standard as well as a commitment to Disability Confident and Mindful Employer charters.
No agencies please.