Job title: Crisis Recovery Worker
Post no: 391
Working base: Milton Keynes
Area covered: Milton Keynes
Reports to: MK Crisis Café Team Leader
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £20,700 F.T.E (Actual salary £10,070.27 per annum)
Contracted hours: 18 hours per week
Working days: 3 days per week worked flexibly across 7 days a week Monday-Sunday
Working hours: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Flexibility required: evenings and/or weekends depending on agreed hours
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
About Mind BLMK
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Background to the role
Our Mind BLMK Crisis Cafes are out-of-hours mental health crisis services which are located in Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes that provide a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing a crisis.
About the role
Mind BLMK are currently looking for a Crisis Recovery Worker to join our Crisis Cafe Service in the Milton Keynes area. The ideal candidate will be able to support individuals to deescalate crisis as well as offer guidance to improve mental health and wellbeing through 1:1s and structured crisis interventions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports individuals experiencing a mental health crisis in Milton Keynes, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access-to-services process and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Working in a small service within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets.
- Experience of working with individuals experiencing mental health and wellbeing issues
Skills, abilities and knowledge
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Promoting a service.
- IT (MS Outlook, Word and Excel and internet).
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good communication, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Understanding the wellbeing needs of and working with people with mental health needs, including those from culturally diverse communities.
- Carry out assessments and 1:1s
Closing date: 5pm on 12 April 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website, where you can view the full Job Description and download the application form.
Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
Mind BLMK is a Disability Confident Employer and has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008.
No agencies please.