We are looking for a Peer Mentor Facilitator to develop and coordinate a Volunteer Peer Mentoring Service as part of the Peer Support Service in Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough.
Title: Peer Mentor Facilitator (Mental Health)
Working base: Flitwick
Area covered: Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough
Reports to: Peer Support Coordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £19,294.25 pa pro rata (£10.03 per hour)
Contracted hours: 25 per week
Working days and hours: 5 hours per day (can be worked flexibly within business need)
- Coordinate and facilitate the use of volunteer peer mentors across Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough in line with Mind BLMK’s peer support model, operational policies and procedures (assessments, Mentor/Mentee introductions, goal setting, reviews).
- Facilitate initial Mentor / Mentee introductions, identify set goals for the relationship and ensure regular reviews are held.
- To be part of the wider Peer Support Service offering support and cover to each aspect of the service as required by the Peer Support Coordinator.
- Work closely with the Peer Support Coordinator to recruit volunteer peer mentors to meet contract requirements and provide the infrastructure they need to deliver this support safely and confidently
- Maintain an effective volunteer peer mentor workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, workload coordination, support, training and development of volunteers).
- Ensure that support is given to peer mentors through regular peer group support meetings and one-to-one meetings as appropriate.
Closing date: 10am on Friday 31st January 2020
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the role profile and application form.
Mind is an equal opportunities employer. We hold the Investors in People standard as well as a commitment to Disability Confident and Mindful Employer charters.
No agencies please.