This role offers the opportunity to join and manage our Bedfordshire Peer Support Service which offers group led sessions and mentoring in Bedford, Ampthill, Dunstable, Biggleswade and Leighton Buzzard.
Job title: Peer Support Services Manager
Post no: 419
Working base: Flitwick
Area covered: Central Bedfordshire, Bedford
Reports to: Project Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Contracted hours: 37.0 hrs
Working days: Monday – Friday
Working hours: 7.4 hrs per day
Flexibility required: Occasional evenings and/or weekends to attend events/meetings
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
Start date: ASAP
The post holder will have lived mental health experience and will be responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the service to ensure that our service users are able to manage their mental health and move through their recovery journeys. Along with the line management of our Peer Service support staff and volunteers, the role will involve the processing of referrals into the Peer Support service and also leading and supporting on more complex cases that may require intervention for suitability.
- Operate a Peer Support service including peer support groups and mentoring across five localities in Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough and ensure outcomes which supports individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed Peer Support model and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Carry out assessments on individuals’ suitability for Mind BLMK’s Peer Support service in line with the Access to Service procedure
- Work with the Project Support Manager to ensure regular involvement of service users, volunteers and staff on local service delivery, organisational matters and wider mental health strategies
- Maintain an effective workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, line management, workload planning, support and development of Peer Support Workers, Mentor Facilitator and volunteers).
- Provide the infrastructure Peer Support Workers need to deliver the support safely and confidently.
- Hold responsibility for health and safety for the five locations in line with Mind BLMK’s H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Hold responsibility for all cash handling in line with Mind BLMK’s financial policies, procedures and guidance (records, petty cash income and expenditure.
- Hold responsibility for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
Entitlements/benefits: (Annual Leave and Benefits currently under review)
- Annual Leave: 23 days (pro rata) – benefits currently under review
- Health Plan: Free Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- NEST pension scheme: Auto-enrolment (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Learning and Development: In-house training structure and external (as appropriate) for all employees and specific roles.
- Flexible Working: On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and would like to join our successful peer support service then we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm on Thursday 9 December 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
Mind BLMK has been annually assessed and approved as a Disability Confident Employer (previously “Two Ticks”) and has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008.
No agencies please.