The role holder will become part of our Peer Support Service in Bedfordshire and will be responsible for hosting peer support groups and mentoring our service users drawing on their own lived experience to support people along their mental health recovery journey to wellbeing.
Job title: Peer Support Worker
Post no: 442
Working base: Flitwick
Area covered: Dunstable and Biggleswade
Reports to: Peer Support Coordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £18,278.00 F.T.E (Actual salary: £5,928.00 per annum)
Hours: 6.0 hours per day, 12 hours per week
Working days: Thursday and Friday
Flexibility required: Occasional evenings and/or weekends to attend events/meetings
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
Start date: January 2022
- Facilitate Peer Support groups and ensure outcomes which supports individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs across two localities in Central Bedfordshire in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed Peer Support model and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Mentor identified individuals to achieve a defined goal across the four localities and ensure outcomes which supports individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs in Central Bedfordshire in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed Mentoring model and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- To support the Peer Support Coordinator by assessing clients suitability for attending the Peer Support service when required.
- Work closely with the Peer Support Coordinator to support clients to access other services within the wider Bedfordshire Recovery Service.
- Encourage and support client engagement with Mind BLMK through Guarantor Membership and training opportunities.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out health and safety responsibilities as directed by the Peer Support Coordinator for the four locations in line with Mind BLMK’s H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Carry out cash handling responsibilities as directed by the Peer Support Coordinator in line with Mind BLMK’s financial policies, procedures and guidance (records, petty cash income and expenditure.
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Peer Support Coordinator for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
- Deputise for the Peer Support Coordinator in his/her absence.
Entitlements/benefits: (Annual Leave and Benefits currently under review)
- Annual Leave: 23 days (pro rata) – benefits currently under review
- Health Plan: Free Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- NEST pension scheme: Auto-enrolment (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Learning and Development: In-house training structure and external (as appropriate) for all employees and specific roles.
- Flexible Working: On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
Closedown: 5pm Tuesday 7 December 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
Mind BLMK has been annually assessed and approved as a Disability Confident Employer (previously “Two Ticks”) and has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008.
No agencies please.