The Recovery Worker will support individuals to gain and maintain mental wellbeing through social and structured wellbeing interventions.
Job title: Recovery Worker (2)
Working base: Luton
Job no: 424
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £10,374.00 per annum (£18,278.00 FTE)
Contracted hours: 21.0 hours per week
Working days: Agreed hours to be worked flexibly across Monday to Friday, including one evening per week (3 hours)
Reports to: Mental Health Recovery Coordinator
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
About Mind BLMK
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Our vision and values are at the heart of all we do – Mind BLMK is part of the communities in which we work and it is important to us that we take this responsibility on board. 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issue each year, with 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week. The impact is felt even more widely – most people will know someone who has needed a hand at some point, be that a family member, friend, colleague, neighbour, student. Mental health is something we all have and Mind BLMK aim to ensure that everyone can get support when they need it.
About the Role:
This role offers the opportunity to join our service team at Luton. Based at our Wellbeing Centre in Dumfries Street we offer activities and groups throughout the day enabling service users to manage their mental health and move through their recovery journeys. In addition to this the role will involve assessing suitability for the service and signposting where necessary as well as performing 1-1 meetings with clients periodically in order to assess and create action plans.
The role will also include the opportunity to support events in the community to raise awareness of our services and build links with local organisations.
- Operate a service and ensure outcomes which supports individuals with mental health and wellbeing needs in Luton, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed recovery model and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Carry out assessments on individuals’ suitability for Mind BLMK’s services in line with the Access to Service procedure and requirements for various projects and services.
- Support the Central Advisory Group in Luton as directed by the Recovery Coordinator.
- Encourage and support client engagement with Mind BLMK through Guarantor Membership, the Friends and Associates Schemes and training opportunities.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out health and safety responsibilities as directed by the Mental Health Recovery Coordinator in line with Mind BLMK’s H&S policies, procedures and guidance (risk assessments, reviews, reporting, safeguarding, incidents/accidents, premises).
- Carry out cash handling responsibilities as directed by the Mental Health Recovery Coordinator in line with Mind BLMK’s financial policies, procedures and guidance (records, petty cash income and expenditure).
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Mental Health Recovery Coordinator for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with Mind BLMK’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 17 September 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button and follow the instructions on our website.
Mind BLMK has been annually assessed and approved as a Disability Confident Employer and has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008.
No agencies please.