Job title: Floating Support Worker (Peer or Recovery worker)
Post no: 376
Start date: As soon as possible
Working base: Flitwick
Area covered: Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes
Reports to: Mental Health Recovery Coordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £17,893.20 F.T.E. (actual salary £7,254 per annum)
Contracted hours: 15.0 per week
Working days: To be arranged
Working hours: 3 hours per day – five days per week (to be arranged)
Flexibility required: Occasional evenings and/or weekends to attend events/meetings
Checks needed: Enhanced DBS and 2 satisfactory references
About Mind BLMK
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
About the role
We are looking for a Floating Support worker who can use their own experience to support our service users on their recovery journey. This will involve facilitating support groups and making welfare calls to help ensure individuals gain and maintain their positive mental wellbeing. The successful candidate will provide flexible support to all Mind BLMK services across Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.
- Own personal lived experience of mental health challenges (for peer workers only)
- Experience of working within a small service within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Knowledge of promoting a service
- IT skills (MS Outlook, Word and Excel and internet)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good communication, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel between locations using own or public transport.
- Have an understanding the wellbeing needs of and working with people with mental health needs, including those from culturally diverse communities.
Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 9th March 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website, where you can view the full Job Description and download the application form.
Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
Mind BLMK is a Disability Confident Employer and has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter since 2008.
No agencies please.