We have an opportunity for a Crisis Centre Coordinator (West) to join our crisis service.
Job Title: Crisis Centre Coordinator (West)
Salary: £21,500 - £23,000 FTE per annum incl. Outer London Weighting (OLW) [Pro rata]
Responsible to: NightLight Team Leader
No. of Hours: 32 hours per week
Split over a 7 day working rota between:
Evening shifts [every day]: 6pm-2am
Overnight shifts: Fri/Sat: 2am-10am and Sun/Mon: 1am-9am
Day shifts: Sat/Sun: 10am-6pm
Base: Hemel Hempstead and Borehamwood (expectation to travel throughout Hertfordshire)
NightLight is a countywide out-of-hours mental health crisis service providing a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing a crisis.
The purpose of this post is to be a key member of staff delivering the NightLight Mental Health Crisis Service, alongside the management and support of staff.
The objectives of Hertfordshire Mind Network’s NightLight Mental Health Crisis Service are:
- To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire.
- To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire, by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided by Herts Mind Network and other third sector and statutory providers.
- To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
- To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
- To reduce the use of police, ambulance and statutory mental health services whilst experiencing crisis.
- To reduce the use of statutory crisis services by people experiencing mental ill health without positive outcomes for the individual.
You will be line managed by the NightLight Team Leader for Hertfordshire Mind Network but will manage your own workload, prioritising tasks and working on your own initiative.
Key Responsibilities (Service & Staff)
- Encouraging a culture of continuous performance improvement at both an individual and service level.
- Building a cooperative and collaborative team that is flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Assigning work to team members, monitoring and supervising the day-to-day delivery and quality standards of the work.
- Providing professional guidance and coaching on case management
- Providing effective coaching to team members in the required technical and behavioural competencies.
- Monitoring team’s performance to ensure it meets expectations and agreed performance criteria, reporting variances to the Team Leader.
- Participating in training and development opportunities as agreed with the Team Leader.
- Overseeing and ensuring the development, delivery and review of client-focused interventions.
- To provide monthly line management, supervision and appraisal for staff.
- To assist with the recruitment of staff contributing to their induction and professional development.
- Act as a positive role model showing professional and caring attitudes and behaviour towards other team members, service users and carers.
- Work in a way that acknowledges personal, social, cultural and spiritual strengths and needs of the individual.
- Working with the Helpline Coordinator to offer telephone support to service users who are experiencing a crisis, providing guidance and signposting to appropriate services and organisations.
- Ensuring that a collaborative approach is used, with effective communication links developed with external professional NHS services such as Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team, Emergency Duty Teams, Community Mental Health Teams, RAID. This will also require relationships to be developed with emergency services especially the Police.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 24th January 2020 by 5pm. We will close the advert prior to this date if we receive sufficient applications.
Interview dates TBC.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to the Herts Mind Network website where you can download the Application Pack.
An approved Enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is an Equal Opportunity and Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.