Recovery Space Manager to lead provision of a non-clinical Recovery Space (crisis café) for Mind in Croydon and funded by Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group.The Recovery Space operates in the evenings with people triaged by the Emergency Department of Croydon University Hospital or from the Crisis Assessment Team (CAT). The Space provides a warm and welcoming holding space for those referred. Key responsibilities include:
- To manage as well as work as part of a team including Recovery Space staff providing the day-to-day operational delivery of the Crisis service, including 1:1 support for no more than 300 service users per month/10 service users per day
- To work to ensure all contractual and reporting obligations are met including: representing the Recovery Space (crisis café) at meetings; compiling stats on information management systems (including Views database) on attendees and analysing/interpreting these to report back via monthly and quarterly monitoring
- To meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets against KPIs
- To promote the highest quality of service by liaising with relatives, carers, and local services including external agencies and other voluntary sector organisations as necessary
- To promote service users’ views and needs throughout all aspects of the project including follow-up calls for clients and collating satisfaction surveys
- To facilitate clients to move closer towards volunteering/employment roles
We are looking for passionate and committed candidates with solid experience in the mental health field who have good managerial skills and are able to motivate a team.
The service is open 365 days per year and involves evening work and some weekend evening work which is arranged on a rota basis with the rest of the team.
Covering letter explaining fit for the role plus CV
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.