The current vacancy is for one supervision group (up to 4 supervisees) which will run fortnightly on Thursdays from 6:00-8:00p.m.
Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest has a long-standing and well-established engagement with local and diverse communities and is committed to offer support and respect to anyone facing a mental health problem. The organisation offers opportunities for learning and development and supports a collaborative and creative working environment
The current vacancies are to supervise honourary therapists from Mind’s Wellbeing Network.
Candidates must be UKCP/BACP/HCPC registered, have more than five years post qualification experience and minimum two years supervisory experience. Experience in the field of mental health care and supervision qualification is essential. We are specifically looking to recruit an integrative and psychodynamic supervisor to meet the needs of the current supervision group. An interest and understanding of a few modalities is desirable.
• To provide group supervision (and individual where appropriate) to honourary therapists practitioners at Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest.
• To be line managed by Head of Psychological Therapies.
• To have a commitment to on-going consultation / supervision of supervision practice
• To adhere to BACP Ethical Framework
• To abide by all Mind in CHWF policies and procedures including –
• To maintain clinical records of supervision and communicate via email/verbally with Head of Psychological Therapies and practitioners.
• To contribute to practitioner’s appraisals which includes writing an annual supervisor’s report.
• To support CPD activities within the organisation.
• To attend planning meetings, reviews, practitioner interviews as appropriate.
Clinical Supervisor - Person Specification
• Experience of delivering supervision in a mental health setting, and working in reference to NICE guidance
• CBT, Integrative psychotherapy or counselling qualification
• Qualification in clinical supervision
• Minimum 5 years post qualification status as a counsellor/psychotherapist
• Recognised accreditation with UKCP/BACP/HCPC
• Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising groups and individual counsellors/psychotherapists from a range of training backgrounds
• Successful clinical experience working with clients with a range of difficulties, including complex mental health issues and drug and alcohol issues
• Clinical experience in providing both individual and group therapy
• To understand issues regarding confidentiality & management of risk within a counselling relationship
• Good administrative skills
• Understanding of the voluntary sector
• Commitment to on-going supervision of supervision
• DBS Enhanced without Barring
• Experience in delivering training to counsellors/psychotherapists
• An understanding of organisational dynamics and the impact on the work
• Resilience, reliability, flexibility
• Good communication skills and commitment to work collaboratively with Head of Psychological Therapies
• Commitment and interest to the overall development of Mind CHWF services
Abilities and interests:
• To communicate well with other members of the team
• Awareness and understanding of the need for policies and procedures regarding equal opportunities, child protection, risk assessment, confidentiality etc
• Interest in continuing professional development
The current vacancy is for one supervision group (up to 4 supervisees per group) which runs fortnightly on Thursdays at 6:00-8:00p.m.
Current rate: £50/hour
Please note: the appointed person will work as an independent consultant and will not be an employee.
Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are a disability confident employer. All applicants with a disability, who meet the minimum essential short-listing criteria are guaranteed an interview. If this applies to you, please email us the attached equal opportunities form to the HR Team.
We at Mind CHWF want to assure you that your privacy and the security of your data is our top priority. It always has been, and it will continue to be, as we refine our policies and internal processes. Please take a moment to read through our applicant’s privacy notice.
Please ensure you attach your completed Equal Opportunities Form to your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.